Yuck!! Why did this pimple come on my face now?? Oh god! Why me!! Is this your reaction when you see a red pimple on your face early in the morning? Don’t worry you people. You can reduce pimple redness with some simple and effective methods. Look down the page to know the natural ways to reduce redness of pimples.
What Causes Red Pimples on Skin?
The pimple redness is due to the acne inflammation where the local blood circulation increases. Simply, pimple redness on your face is because of the lower skin surface inflammation. The inflammation is due to the response of the immune system to the pus and bacteria.
The skin contains several thousands of pores with sebaceous glands. The sebaceous glands are responsible for providing the skin-softening sebum to the skin.
When there is an excess production of sebum, it may lead to the formation of a pimple. Also, when the bacteria infects the glands, there takes place the blocking of pores. This finally leads to red and painful pimples. You can put an end to the red pimples on face with some natural methods and get a clean, pimple less beautiful face.
How to Reduce Pimple Redness?
An occurrence of pimples is a common part of life. But when there is swelling or redness, they turn into a worse problem. The chance of pimples turning red increases if you squeeze, pick or scrub them. So, take a look at some other tips to reduce redness of a pimple.
Pimple Redness Reducers
Ice cube to Reduce Pimple Redness
Choosing the ice cube is one of the best tips to reduce redness of a pimple. The blood vessels under the skin contract with ice and results in a low rate of blood flow to a pimple. Ultimately, the appearance of a red pimple reduces.
- Put some ice cubes in a clean and tidy towel.
- Now, gently place the towel on the pimple and surroundings of a pimple for 1 minute.
- Do not rub harshly on the affected area.
- Remove the towel and after ten minutes, again repeat the process.
- Do the massage with ice until you feel an ease with the irritation.
Do not apply the ice directly on the pimple. It may lead to the damage of skin cells.
How to Reduce Red Pimples with Lemon?
Lemon juice helps in reducing pimple redness. The natural healing and skin lightening properties of lemon fights with the microorganisms that cause pimples.
The citric corrosive properties of the lemon fruit are responsible for skin lightening. So, look at the procedure for using the lemon remedy for reducing redness of a pimple.
- Dip a cotton ball in the fresh lemon juice.
- Put cotton on the pimple affected area for about five minutes.
- Now, wash the skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process for twice or thrice a day.
- Try not to go out for one hour after applying lemon on the skin.
The Wet Tea Bag for Pimple Redness
When you use a warm tea bag to a pimple, it opens up the pores and draws the bacteria or pus to the surface. Thereby cleaning the oils, dust, and dead skin cells. The tea bag is a pack of tannins which help to reduce swelling and redness of a pimple.
- Soak a tea bag in warm water for a minute.
- Cool down the bag a bit and take out the excess water from the bag by squeezing.
- Put the warm tea bag on and around a pimple for a while.
- Wash the skin with cold water.
- Let the skin dry.
- Do the process for sometimes a day according to your comfort.
Aloe Vera for Pimple Redness
Whatever the skin condition, aloe vera is there to treat it. The Aloe Vera is also a natural tip to reduce pimple redness. The antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties of aloe vera helps in reducing the inflammation. And increases the moisture level of the skin and the rate of the healing process.
- Extract the gel out of the aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the aloe vera gel on the red pimple.
- Let it dry naturally.
- Now, clean with warm water.
- Dry the skin with a clean and soft towel.
- Do the process until you get the better result.
How to Get Rid of Pimple Redness with Toothpaste?
Most of the toothpaste contain baking soda, triclosan, hydrogen peroxide and some other ingredients. They are helpful to clean out the pimples and reduce swelling and redness. Try to avoid the toothpaste with menthol or fluoride as the ingredients. Because they increase the irritation of the skin and worsen the condition.
Also Read: What is the use of baking soda?
- Wash the skin with plain water before going to bed.
- Apply a white toothpaste on a pimple and let it rest overnight.
- Wash the skin, the next morning to remove the paste.
- Pat the skin dry.
Cucumber relieves Painful Red Pimples
Cucumber cures the pimple redness with its astringent property. It cleans the skin from dust, dead cells, bacteria, etc. It reduces the inflammation and redness with the natural calming and cooling properties. The soothing nature of cucumber is helpful during the pimple outbreaks.
- Store the slices of cucumber in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Now, put a slice of the cucumber on the pimple.
- After the slice gets hot, replace with an another slice.
- Repeat the process for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Follow the tip the maximum times in a day you can do.
The Oatmeal Pimple Redness Reducer
You can use oatmeal to reduce pimple redness. It absorbs any excess oil, exfoliates, removes the toxins that clog the pores. It also removes the dry and dead skin cells.
The oatmeal is said to have the anti-inflammatory properties which reduce swelling, redness and irritation of the pimples on face.
- Mix equal quantities of oatmeal and yogurt.
- Add half a teaspoon of honey to the mixture and make a paste of it.
- Apply the paste on the pimple.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water after ten minutes.
- Follow this remedy once in a day.
What Reduces Redness in Pimples Fast?
- Make a habit of washing your face twice a day. Once in the morning and in the evening to be free from pimples.
- Be free from stressful life and anxiety.
- Before going to bed, remember to clean off your makeup.
- Go for a regular exercise at least for 20 minutes a day.
- Drink more water to flush away the toxins and bacteria present in your body.
- Make sure your food include nutrients, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids to lead a healthy and happy life.