Why do we go to the salons and parlors? The first reason is to get a beauty treatment with a perfect relaxing effect. But, it is not easy to spend much time in the salon every time, and also the services are an expensive affair. So, to save your time and money, here we are disclosing the step-by-step guide to perform Manicure at home. So, learn how to do manicure at home
What is a Manicure or pedicure?
A beauty treatment for hands is known as Manicure and for feet is called pedicure. The treatment is meant only for nails, but the entire hands or legs is also beneficial. The main purpose of the pedicure and manicure is to get healthy nails and healthy hands or legs. So, know how to do manicure and pedicure at home without any costly equipment.
How to do Manicure at Home?
So, once you decide to do pedicure and manicure at home then get ready with the tools you require. Here is the manicure at home tips which are very simple and save your pocket too. You can follow the same tips for pedicure at home too. Give yourself a professional pedicure at home. Below are the manicure steps at home. Go through the procedure of how to do manicure at home and perform self-manicure and pedicure.
Steps involved in Manicure are
- Remove Nail Polish
- Trim your nails
- Shape your nails using a file
- Soak your fingers in hot water
- Apply cuticle remover and push back them
- Exfoliate with a scrub
- Apply tan pack
- Moisturising your hands
Also read: Beauty benefits of lemon
Step 1: Get ready with all the Manicure tools
Keep the complete manicure kit beside you, so that you need not run here and there for the equipment. Bring home a Best manicure and pedicure kit which will be useful for a lifetime. Check that you are done with all the following things to do maicure at home
- Nail polish remover and cotton swabs or pads
- Callous/cuticle remover
- Nail clippers
- Emery board and nail buffer
- Cuticle pusher and nippers
- Base coat
- Hand/Nail Moisturizer
- Clear topcoat
- Nail polish
- Exfoliating scrub
Step 2: Remove Nail Polish
- Before starting your manicure session, wash your hands with water. Then remove the nail polish using a nail polish remover. Use a cotton pad to remove your nail polish rather than the cotton balls.
- Prefer using a Non-acetone nail polish remover which is safe, and it dries faster than the normal removers.
Step 3: Shape your nails for a better look
After removing the nail polish, clip your nails using the nail clippers. Dip your hands in hot water to ease the clipping process. When you soak your hands in hot water, the nails will become soft and make the clipping much easier. File them gently using Emery board to get a perfect shape. If you are new to this, just give them a slightly rounded or square edge as they are easy for beginners.
Also read: Best Diabetic exercises
Avoid metal or extremely coarse or rough nail files to minimize the damage. Instead of that, just choose a gentle abrasive emery board. Buff your nail in a lighter way. Because if you buff your nails too smooth, the nail polish will not adhere.
Step 4: Soaking time
In the before step also I recommend soaking. But, it’s not a big deal even you cut your nails without soaking. But, here in this step, you should relax your fingers in a hot water bath. Add a mild cleanser or even shampoo to the water. Soaking the cuticles before trimming is necessary. But, do not overdo this. Because there is a chance of causing damage to skin and nails. So, limit this step for 5-10 minutes.
Also read: Benefits of green tea
Step 5: Apply cuticle remover and trim them
- Apply cuticle oil on each finger and massage well using an orangewood stick.
- The Orangewood stick is a thin wooden stick which has a slant edge. Just wrap the stick in the cotton.
- Then, rub on the cuticles using a warm cloth.
- Instead of removing the cuticles, just push them back gently using cuticle pushers and cut the edges using cuticle nippers.
Also read: Beauty tips for glowing skin
Step 6: Exfoliate with a scrub
- After removing the cuticles, exfoliate your skin gently using a scrub.
- You can use the best scrub which suits your skin nature. You can also rub lemon sugar scrub for exfoliating.
- After exfoliating in a circular motion, wipe the hands using a wet towel.
Step 6: Moisturize well
Massage your fingers and hands using the best moisturizer. This action helps in retaining the moisture in your hands which are lost due to soaking and exfoliating.
Also read: Best lip care tips
Step 7: Apply a tan pack to remove the darkness
- Yes, this is the major step which you should not neglect.
- Tanning is the most common problem which we face in our regular life.
- So, to remove the sun tan on hand apply a tan pack and leave it for 15 minutes as such.
- If you are running out of the tan pack, then use lemon juice to treat tan.
- Take a juicy lemon and squeeze out the juice and just rub it on the knuckles and the arms gently to remove the tan.
- Wipe your hands with a damp towel and pat dry.
Step 8: Prepare for nail polish:
- Before applying nail polish ensure that your nails are free from any oily substances as they obstruct adhering of nail polish.
- So, wipe your fingers and nails with a cotton pad and dry them once again.
- Before applying nail polish, give a base coat to improve the life of the nail polish.
- Now apply your polish in layers. Don’t try to get a super finishing in one coat as it leads to spreading of nail polish to the skin too.
- So, let the nail polish dry completely and moisturize your fingers once again.
How to remove yellow stains on nails
Nowadays nail art is a trending fashion which gives our nails an entirely new look. So, every day we try to exhibit our nails as beautiful as possible which makes our nails lack the natural luster. Yes! Long term usage of this nail colors will not let our nails to expose to air which stains them. So, the yellow stains make our nails look bad, so to cover that again we seek the help from nail polish which is the biggest mistake.
So, to remove the yellow stains on your teeth, just follow this simple procedure to get rid of yellow stains on nails naturally. Also, know how to do Manicure and pedicure at home after removing the stains.
Must read: Get rid of whiteheads forever
- Take a ripe lemon and gently press it before you cut it into pieces.
- Now, cut the lemon into two pieces and squeeze out the juice.
- Dip your fingers into the bowl for at least 10-15 minutes.
- You can gently massage your nails with the lemon juice in the mean time.
- Lemon is a natural bleaching agent which can reduce the yellow tinge on your nails.
- After 15 minutes, take your fingers out and using a brush gently rub on your nails to remove the stains.
- Do not overdo this as it may dry out your nails and make them look lifeless.
- Wash your hands with lukewarm water and immediately moisturize your hands as the lemon is acidic in nature and dry out them.
So, prefer doing Manicure at home regularly to maintain the health and beauty of your nails You can use the same procedure to do a pedicure at home. Even if you go to the salon for the treatment, you can follow this at home manicure or pedicure in between your parlor sessions. So, try this at home and enjoy the lustrous nails.