Do you think twice before choosing a sleeveless dress because of your fat arms ? Now, there is no need to become disappointed. Because these days most of the people have fat stored only in this region. The whole body is normal, but the arms may be on the heavier side. Both girls and boys have the same problems with their arms. Because all the girls want toned and slim arms, while guys want huge muscles. No one likes flabby or saggy arms as they make your arms look bigger than they actually are. How to Reduce Arm Fat ? or Is there any exercise to reduce arms ? are the common questions that rise to our mind. Don’t worry; there are many ways to lose arm fat fast at home. But to lose fat from arms, you need to work out regularly and do some exercises to tone them and build muscle. Also, you need to eat a balanced and healthy diet. Hence go through the following sections of the article to know How to reduce fat in arms.
Also Read: How to loose belly fat faster?
How to Lose Arm Fat
A fatty or flabby arm is a condition which changes the physical appearance of a person. Even though they have a beautiful figure, but those fatty arms just destroy the whole look. What are the causes of flabby arms ? Unhealthy lifestyle, lack of physical activities, not doing exercises regularly, rapid weight gain are the main causes of upper arm fat. Your age is also another reason for arm fat. Because after the 20s, our body tends to store more fat in various parts and the lean muscles start to decrease. So the fat accumulation becomes more than the lean muscles. Hence it is also one of the main causes of Jiggly, wiggly arms.
Also Read: Best exercises for Zero Size
You can notice the arm flab hanging from your upper arms when you place them on someone’s shoulder, or when holding your hands on the waist. So your confidence might be exhausted and you might end up wearing only long-sleeved shirts to hide those flabby arms. How to Get rid of arm fat will be one of your biggest wishes. But have you ever wondered that the most effective way to tone arms is being physically active? It doesn’t mean that you need to hit the gym every day, but there are many household activities that require intense movement in your arms such as mopping, cleaning, washing, etc. Along with these, you may try some simple exercises to reduce arm fat in a week at home.
How to get rid of Fat Arms
Here are the 12 simple arm fat exercises that help you get toned arms. So by doing these exercises and following the given tips, you can get rid of those Bingo wings permanently.
Arm Rotating Exercise
This is a simple exercise that works effectively in reducing arm fat. Arm circles are an easy exercise you can do anywhere, inside or out. Since it requires very little time, but you will get great benefits when you do them regularly. Along with reducing fat, it works as a great warm-up exercise. Your shoulders, biceps, and triceps were targeted by doing this exercise.
Must Read: Best Asanas to treat PCOS
- For this stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your arms out to each side, make them parallel to the floor.
- Start rotating your hands to get your arms moving in fast clockwise motions.
- Repeat this until you have rotated your arms 20 times.
- Now bring your arms back down by your sides.
- Relax for 15 seconds and do this 10 to 15 times every day.
Upside down Namaste
Another simple exercise to lose arm fat is Upside-down Namaste. Stand with your back straight and your arms extended toward the sky, i.e., straight above your head. Now fold your arms behind your head, bringing your palms together in an upside-down Namaste position. Then push your palms down and flex your arms. With your palms still together, bring your arms up so that your hands are level with the middle of your head. Repeat these two motions in a sequence of 20 times. Finally bring your arms back down by your sides and relax for 15 seconds.
Also Read: Best Muscle building Foods
The front of your upper arms, i.e., Biceps are targeted by doing this exercise. Because your biceps are at the front of your upper arm. You can lose Arm fat easily by doing this exercise. For this, simply hold a weight or dumbells in each hand and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. The palms of your hands should be facing forwards. Bend your elbows and bring your lower arms up towards your shoulders. Make sure that your elbows are close to your sides. Finally, lower your arms slowly back and with control to the starting position. Do this workout in sequence and aim to do 8 to 12 repetitions.
You can also change the wrist position and hold the pair of dumbbells at a neutral position. These are called the hammer curls. Both the methods are same but the only difference is that a different bicep head is being worked.
Must Read: Get rid of Neck pain
How to reduce Arms with Pushups
Do Pushups get rid of Arm Fat ? Push-ups work effectively and help you to tone your upper arm by burning the excess fat. Pushups will help you build muscle mass in your triceps thereby eliminating the fat around arms. The good thing is that you can perform it without using any dumbbells, barbells or any other equipment. Here your body weight plays a major role to melt that stubborn fat accumulated in the arms. It also gives you the desired result by working on your triceps.
- First of all, lie on the floor on the stomach.
- Now keep your feet together and the hands apart wider than the shoulder width. Also, your elbows should be kept straight.
- Bend your elbow and move your body towards the ground.
- Make sure that your belly should not touch the ground.
- Do 3 sets every day of 10 repetitions to give a firm and toned arms.
Counter Pushups is almost same as that of the normal push-up exercise. But the only difference is that you should need either a platform or a table to perform it. Take up the push-up position as mentioned above and try to complete 3 sets of 20 push-ups.
Also Read: Best Foods to Gain weight
Exercises to reduce Arm Fat
Lift your Body Up (Pullups)
Hold a sturdy strong rod that can bear your body weight. Grab it firmly and pull yourself up against the floor. When you go up, stay in that position for a few seconds and let your arm muscles take all the strain. Do a set of 20, pause for two minutes and then again repeat the set. In case, you are doing it for the first time, then, do as many pull-ups as you can, but don’t strain yourself.
Scissors to lose Arm Fat fast
Scissors is an effective cardio exercise that helps you to lose arm fat fast and make them look toned and sleek. The exercise is named like that because it resembles a pair of scissors, which is being opened and closed continuously.
- Stand straight and hold your hands straight in front of you at shoulder height.
- Now, stretch them to the sides and then bring back in front of you so that both the arms cross in front of you like a pair of scissors.
- Go back to the initial position and repeat the moves for at least 20 times a day.
- Do this exercise at least 15 to 2o minutes to tone up your arms by burning the deposited fat in that area.
Must Read: Best Anti-Aging foods list
Another best exercise to lose arm fat is arm twisting. For this, hold your arms out, horizontally, to your sides with the palms of your hands facing the floor. Twist your arms so that the palms are facing the ceiling, then return them to the original position and repeat the same.
Skipping is the best cardio workout for reducing arm fat. By doing skipping regularly, you can get the focused exercise on your arm muscles. It not only sweat out the fat from your body but also gives you a sleek and toned arms too. The reason is that the skipping rope will affect arms muscles as you lift your body’s weight and also move your arms in circular motion. So, it increases the activity in your arms. To make it interesting and the process more effective, count the seconds instead of skipping repetitions.
Also Read: Low-calorie foods for weight loss diet
Arm Weight Loss using Stretching
Another good exercise that can help you lose arm fat is stretching. Stretching your arms regularly will tone the muscles and help to bring them back into shape. You can do this any time of the day where you get some leisure time. You can do this at your office or after the meeting or after finishing a report. Keep your hands behind your back, palms together and fingers interlocked. Then stretch your arms away from your back, hold and then repeat.
How to reduce Hand Fat with Tricep Dips
Dips are an excellent exercise for strengthening the upper body and giving you defined muscle tone of the triceps. Triceps are the muscles that run on the back side of the upper arm, i.e., from the shoulder to your elbow. Triceps don’t require much equipment. It can be performed simply at home using a bench, chair or step. If you don’t have a bench, you can always do them simply on the ground.
Must Read: Benefits of Flax Seeds
One Arm Triceps
The one arm triceps is a powerful exercise for toning your arms. You can do this directly on the floor. The targeted area for this exercise is your biceps, the area prone to fat deposition. It not only melts the excess fat in the triceps but also tones it to give a sculpted look to the arms.
How to do this move:
- Sit on the floor by keeping your legs and feet joined together.
- Place your hands on the floor shoulder-width apart and foot behind the hips. Make sure that your fingers were pointing the hips.
- Now bend your knees and keep the feet even on the floor.
- Straighten your arms and raise your hips. This will put weight on your arms.
- Now bend your right elbow and with the help of left arm which is still straight, lower your hips to the floor. Make sure your hips don’t touch the floor.
- Finally, repeat the same move with the other arm.
- Do 15 to 20 repetitions per set and aim to do two to three sets.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Indigestion
Chair Dips – The Best move for your Triceps
Chair dips is the best exercise for arm fat. For doing this place a sturdy chair of about 2 feet height in an open space. Stand in front of the chair by keeping at least 3 feet distance. Now sit down on the chair and wrap your fingers around the front edge of it. Push your body 3 to 4 steps forward until your buttocks are just off the chair. Extend your arms and adjust your feet so that your heels are a couple of inches in front of your knees. Bend your elbows to lower your body towards the floor. Point your elbows directly behind you; do not let them wide to the sides. When your elbows are at a 90-degree angle, stop and press back up straightening your arms. You can also do this with the help of a bench or a step.
Tips to Lose Arm Fat
Although nothing can take place of exercise and hard work, but following a few tips can help you cut out the fat that has deposited in the wrong places.
Must Read: Home remedies for Skin Allergies
- Have a proper diet by including a lot of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Because it will not only feel you full but also supply lower calories to your body.
- Cut down the calories slowly and avoid processed foods, high sugar soda drinks.
- Include fiber-rich foods such as peas, beans, etc. to increase the metabolism rate, which will burn the calories and help to burn the arm fat.
- Don’t skip your breakfast. Otherwise, you will end up eating more throughout the day.
- Drink a plenty of water to speed up the metabolism process. Also, drink water before meals so that you will consume less food that means fewer calories.
- Start your day with a cup of green tea.
- Use stairs rather than lift to burn more calories.
- Play sports such as Tennis, Boxing, Rowing or Kayaking to build arm muscles.
Also Read: Home Remedies for stretch marks
Now, there is no need to spend some hours a day at the gym. Hence, try these exercises at home and also maintain a healthy lifestyle by following these tips to lose arm fat.