Dryness of skin is a common problem and can be caused by several reasons such as a change in weather, exposure to the sun, taking hot showers, dehydration, using harsh soaps, etc. Dry skin also looks dry, flaky and peels off thus giving us a dull look. Since there are several creams and lotion for dry skin are available in the market, the harsh chemicals used in these products take a toll on the skin and damage it permanently. Therefore, it is always best to opt for natural solutions. So, try these Homemade Face Packs for Dry Skin to get glowing skin.
Homemade Face Packs for Dry Skin
Unlike oily skin, dry skin needs extra nourishment through deep moisturization. If you have dry skin, you need to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin regularly to improve its texture. Because high moisture and humidity levels help lessen drying out so no more peeling or cracking of the dry skin.
Some of the common causes of skin dryness are as follows:
- Dry Winter Weather.
- Sun Exposure.
- Harsh Chemicals in Soaps.
- Hot Showers.
- Certain Medication.
- Medical conditions such as diabetes and hypothyroidism.
It would be ideal to choose homemade face mask for dry skin, as they are natural and cause no harm to the skin. Fruits like apple, avocado and peach work wonderfully on a dry and lifeless skin to make it supple and bring back the original glow.
Following are the best Homemade Face Packs for Dry Skin that are easy to make and also works effectively with no side effects. Besides this face mask, you should also use the best soap for dry skin.
DIY Face Packs for Dry Skin
Fruit facials boost your skin with natural goodness, and also help you do away with harmful, chemical-induced facials, which definitely give you the desired results, but leave their trail behind on your skin. So, try these Fruit face packs at home for extremely dry skin. The benefits of making your face masks are avoiding chemicals plus the ingredients you used are from the kitchen itself.
Must Read: Best face packs for oily skin
Papaya and Honey Face Pack
Papaya is an excellent source of antioxidants, Vitamin B, flavonoids, pantothenic acid, and some minerals such as potassium and magnesium that has immense benefits for the skin. Vitamin A present in this delicious fruit rejuvenates and nourishes dry and rough skin whereas potassium helps in hydrating skin cells and also restores moisture.
Honey functions as a natural moisturizer that increases the skin’s capacity to retain moisture and also exfoliates your skin to remove dead cells thereby improving the skin tone.
How to use:
- Mash 1/2 cup of ripe papaya to form a smooth paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it and mix them well.
- Now apply this face mask on a clean face and let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off completely with water.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a week to get glowing skin.
Alternatively, you can apply papaya on your skin regularly to prevent skin aging, wrinkles and age spots.
Yogurt & Rose Water Face Pack for Dry Skin
Since yogurt is a rich source of multi-vitamins and lactic acid, it helps in improving the complexion and adds a healthy glow to our skin. It acts as a deep moisturizer that revives dull skin. Whereas rose water removes oil, impurities, dirt, sebum, and dead cells from the skin since it is a natural cleanser.
- Take 2 tablespoons of unflavored yogurt in a bowl and beat it well.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of rosewater to the yogurt.
- Mix them well and apply on all over your face and neck.
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times a week to get smoother and softer skin.
Banana & Honey – Best Face pack for dry skin
Being a rich source of anti-oxidants, potassium, and phytochemicals, this delicious fruit acts a nourishing agent to treat dry, rough and dull skin. Banana helps in healing the dead skin, restores the damaged skin cells and also promotes cell generation to improve skin tone. Thus it adds a natural glow to your skin.
Must read: Best beauty tips for glowing skin
Directions to apply:
- Blend 1 ripe banana with 1tbsp honey and 1tbsp olive oil to form a smooth paste.
- Now, Apply this pack all over your face and neck and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a week to get rid of skin dryness.
Sandalwood Face Mask for Skin dryness
Sandalwood also known as Chandan was proved to be a one-stop solution for all your skin problems. Used in a variety of ways, it helps in controlling oil secretion, skin dryness, pimples, dark circles, etc. Sandalwood face pack helps in balancing the natural pH level of your skin and thus gives you a well hydrated and glowing skin.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with some rose water to form a smooth paste.
- Now apply this mixture on both your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with cool water and feel the magic of this face pack.
How to get fair look instantly
In case, if sandalwood powder is not available, then you can also use sandalwood oil to get soft and blemish free skin.
Aloe Vera and Cucumber Mask for Dehydrated Skin
The Aloe vera gel helps in hydrating and nourishing dry skin and improving the skin’s capacity to retain moisture. Cucumber is 95% water that helps in maintaining skin moisture, and thus it hydrates dry skin to make it soft, smooth and well hydrated.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and scrape out the gel from it and keep aside.
- Now grind some cucumber pieces and mix it with the aloe vera gel.
- Apply on face and other dried areas, let it stay for 20-30 minutes and wash off with water.
- Repeat this 3-4 times per week to flush out the dryness of skin.
Also read: Best benefits of using aloe vera
DIY Besan Face pack
Fairness along with a glow on the skin will be observed when you apply the besan face pack over your face. Gram Flour or Besan is having the property of removing excess oil from the skin pores and also the toxins present in the skin layer. For dry skin, Besan acts like a natural cleansing agent. It also helps to pull out the dirt from your skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour and 1 tbsp of yogurt or milk to make a thick paste.
- Apply this DIY Face pack on your clean face and neck and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and pat dry.
Gram flour mixed with curd helps in rejuvenating and moisturizing dry and dull skin. You will observe changes in your skin very fast when compared with other face packs. Thus it is one among the best Face Packs for Dry skin.
Milk and Almond pack
Milk acts as a natural moisturizer because it is loaded with antioxidants, Vitamin B, Biotin, proteins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and selenium. It also helps in healing dry and cracked skin and the nutrients restores the moisture to skin to prevent dryness and peeling of skin.
Must read: Home remedies for Cracked heel
Directions to use:
- Soak 8-10 almonds in water for about 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Ground it to form a thick paste and then add milk to it.
- Mix them well and apply on clean face, massage gently in soft circular motions for 2 minutes.
- Let it settle on your face for 20-30 minutes and wash off with water.
- Use this pack 2-3 times a week to make your skin soft and healthy.
Face packs when applied properly can give you an immediate result. Apart from applying these DIY face packs for dry skin, you should always take care of your diet. Water is a vital component for healthy and glowing skin that helps in keeping it clear and glamorous by flushing out the harmful waste products and toxins from the body.