Our teeth are an integral part of our beauty and appearance. So, the habit of regular teeth cleaning is essential for good dental health. But everyone can get tooth pain at some point in their lifetime. Sudden toothaches are very painful that it can even halt you from getting you to your local dentist who can solve the problem. But every time there is no need to visit the dentist instead you can try Home Remedies for Toothache to get relief from pain.
How to Cure Tooth Pain ?
Tooth pain occurs when the innermost layer of the tooth (pulp) is inflamed. The pulp is usually made up of sensitive nerves and blood vessels. Generally, this happens due to compromised enamel which is allowing material to enter directly into the pulp. Most toothaches are caused by sensitivity to the nerve of the tooth due to decay, injury to the tooth, and infection. If you are suffering from gum disease, tooth fractures, or even sinus infections then it also causes throbbing tooth pain. Some behaviors or foods such as Cool drinks, sweets, Biting down on anything or putting pressure on teeth can start your toothache, or even make it worse.
If you are suffering from gum disease, tooth fractures, or even sinus infections then it also causes throbbing tooth pain. Some behaviors or foods such as Cool drinks, sweets, Biting down on anything or putting pressure on teeth can start your toothache, or even make it worse.
What are the Symptoms of Tooth Ache ? is the question that rises to your mind now. Pain in your tooth and around your mouth is the primary symptom of a toothache. But the type of pain can vary and present itself in multiple ways such as Sharp and constant pain, or tooth pain that only occurs when pressure is applied or swelling and painful gums or Bad taste in the mouth, etc.
Causes of Teeth Pain
If the pain you are experiencing is a sharp, stabbing pain when you bite down on your food, the cause of your toothache could be a cavity or a cracked tooth. Cavities are the primary cause of dental pain. There may be many causes for Toothache. So, let’s have a look at the causes of Tooth pain.
- Tooth enamel erosion.
- Bruxism, or grinding of the teeth.
- Inflammation of the pulp in your teeth.
- Sinus pressure.
- Chipped or broken teeth.
- Damaged Fillings.
- Infected Gums.
These are the main causes of pain in tooth. If you too have this pain, you can numb your pain with these 10 effective Home Remedies for Toothache.
Home Remedies for Toothache
Got a toothache? If you are currently suffering from moderate to severe tooth pain, you may be looking for fast and effective relief. So, try these teeth and molar pain home remedies.
Place a small ice cube in a plastic bag, wrap a thin cloth around the bag, and apply it to the aching tooth for about 15 minutes to numb the nerves. Otherwise, you can massage your hand with an ice cube to relieve a toothache. When nerves in your fingers send “cold” signals to your brain, they may override the pain signals coming from your tooth. So, just wrap an ice cube in a thin cloth and massage it in the fleshy area between your thumb and forefinger.
Swishing with Salt water is one of the best Home Remedies for Toothache. It was used as the effective remedy in healing the sore throat since ages. Using this simple procedure can give you instant relief. The reason behind this is that the salt temporarily increases the pH balance of your mouth, creating an alkaline environment in which bacteria struggle to survive. Also, the salt water cleanses the area around the tooth and draws out some of the fluid that causes swelling. It also helps in reducing swelling and inflammation and fights against the bacteria that cause infection.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water.
- Swish the water around your mouth for 1 minute, then spit it out.
- Repeat the process until the glass is gone.
Pepper & Salt
Pepper and Salt remedy for toothache are absolutely an ancient method. Usually, our grandma told us to place a clove against the sore area until the pain goes away. Also, when your tooth becomes extremely sensitive, Salt and Pepper works efficiently. Because both of these are having antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Mix equal amounts of pepper and common salt with a few drops of water to form a paste.
- Now apply this paste directly on the affected tooth.
- Allow it to sit over there for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process for several days until you get relief from the pain.
Cloves are the one among the best Home Remedies for Toothache. Because cloves have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anesthetic properties that help you to get rid of Tooth pain and infections.
- Crush two cloves to a fine powder.
- Now, mix it with a little olive oil or any vegetable oil and apply on the affected tooth.
- Otherwise, dab a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it directly on the sore tooth.
- Another option is that you can mix a few drops of clove oil in half a glass of water and use it as a mouth rinse.
NOTE: You should be very careful while using this remedy. Because clove oil can make your pain worse if it comes in contact with gums or other sensitive areas of your mouth.
Iron rich foods for pregnant women
Teeth Pain Treatment at Home
Guava leaf is an excellent natural product to cure toothache. When you get a tooth pain, chew two fresh guava leaves. When the juice of the leaves reaches to the sore area, then it will start to alleviate toothache problem. Otherwise, take few leaves of guava then boil it with some water. Let the water to get infused with the flavor or juice of guava leaves. Then add a small amount of salt in the mixture. Use this as a mouth wash when it was warm.
Onions to get rid of Dental pain
Onions are the one among the best Home Remedies for Toothache. These can be utilized extensively for toothaches as it contains antiseptic and anti-microbial properties. It provides you teeth pain relief by killing the germs causing an infection.
- Simply, chew a raw onion for a few minutes. It will kill all the bacteria and also prevent tooth decay.
- Another option is to place a slice of onion in between the infected tooth and cheek to get rid of teeth pain.
However, the mixture of fresh onions along with its flowers has got more medicinal properties because the extract from these flowers and onions are rich in sulfur compounds that prevent the growth of bacteria. So, place a cotton ball in this mixture and dab it on the infected tooth to reduce the tooth ache and swelling.
PCOS diet plan for teenage girls
How to Stop Tooth pain with Garlic
Garlic is also one among the best Home Remedies for Toothache. Because it provides immense relief from teeth pain. Due to the antibacterial and many other medicinal properties, garlic works effectively in relieving the pain in tooth.
- Crush a clove of garlic and mix it with a little amount of rock salt.
- Now put this chopped garlic with salt on the affected tooth.
- Repeat this process for few days or until your pain subsides.
Otherwise, chew one or two cloves of garlic to get instant relief from toothache. You can also use Garlic powder in the same way as mentioned above.
Know more on prevention of Asthma
Ginger for Teeth pain
A quick remedy and something that was always available in one’s kitchen. Ginger is a most useful remedy to relieve toothaches. Because it works efficiently on your tooth and provides instant relief from the pain. Just peel off the skin of a ginger and bite down. Make sure it reaches the affected tooth. At first, it would provide you with a burning sensation, but eventually, that will subside leaving nothing but numbness. Otherwise, make a paste out of ginger and apply it all around the wounded tooth. It helps in killing the pain in a great way.
How to get rid of Toothache
Asafoetida – best teeth pain killer
Generally, we use asafoetida in cooking to enhance the taste of the food. Besides improving the taste, it is also good for digestion. Also, dental problems such as toothaches and bleeding gums can be treated at home with the use of asafetida. So, Asafoetida is one among the best Home Remedies for Toothache.
- Mix a pinch or one-half teaspoon of powdered asafoetida with two teaspoons of lemon juice and blend them well. Now use a cotton ball to apply the solution on the affected area. Using this remedy will give you quick relief from the pain.
- Another option is that you can apply a piece of raw asafoetida directly on your aching tooth. While applying, you should close your mouth and should not talk for 10-15 minutes.
- Otherwise, mix one tablespoon of asafoetida powder to a glass of warm water and gargle for few minutes until your pain is gone.
- Alternatively, asafetida fried in clarified butter can be put it directly on the affected tooth for instant relief.
Peppermint is the best toothache home remedy. The mint leaves have anti-bacterial properties that help in reducing the swelling of gums. It also consists of menthol that subsides the inflammation and reduces the tooth pain.
- Mix 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil with two tablespoons of neutral oil such as grapeseed, olive oil, etc. Dilute the oil first so as to avoid any irritation.
- Now soak a cotton ball in the oil and rub it around the sore tooth.
- Otherwise, soak a cotton ball and gently rub the gum surrounding the sore tooth.
- Another option is to chew some fresh peppermint leaves. Try to eat at the place where your tooth is hurting a lot.
- Another method is that boil 5 gm of mint leaves with a pinch of salt in a cup of water and drink it.
So, try these Home Remedies for Toothache to relieve pain naturally. If you still experience a lot of pain then consult a doctor immediately.
Best solution for insect bites
How to Prevent Tooth Pain
Follow these Teeth pain relief tips to prevent tooth pain.
- Avoid unnecessary chewing of solid foods and candies.
- Acidic beverages such as cool drinks must be taken with the help of straw.
- Avoid consuming acidic foods.
- Direct exposure of teeth to ice must be avoided as it can cause a tooth fracture.
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste.