Insomnia is the most common problem these days. Many of the IT professionals and Customer support teams will face this issue more than any ordinary individuals. Apart from these people, any person can suffer from sleep apnea or Insomnia. So, know these simple Home Remedies for Sleep.
Due to the sedentary lifestyle, and spending most of the time with electronic gadgets or devices is the primary reason behind this sleeping disorder. Also, other lifestyle habits like Alcohol consumption, Drinking Caffeinated beverages also induce these disorders. So, follow some Home remedies for sleeping better.
[Also Read- Home Remedies for Hangover]
Home remedies for sleep
How to get sleep immediately after going to bed? How to Cure Insomnia? These are the two questions that revolve in the brains of many people. But, This is not a disease, it is a disorder. So, we should make some changes in our lifestyle to get back to normal. So, here are the natural sleep remedies that can make you sleep better. Follow them to have a peaceful sleep.
1. Aromatherapy is the best
Aromatherapy is nothing but using essential oils for relaxing our body. The aroma of these essential oils stimulate our brain and let it relax completely. Of all the aromatic oils, Lavender oil is the best of all home remedies for sleep. Lavender oil reduces anxiety and relieves stress. The fragrance from this oil diffuses in the surrounding air instantly and calm your mood and let you sleep immediately. So, Use aromatherapy to treat sleeping disorders.
2. Drink a Glass of Hot milk
Having a glass of milk at the bed time is an age old remedy for getting a good sleep. Our ancestors used this technique to induce sleep naturally. So, go with the tradition. Drink a glass of hot milk before you go to bed. Milk contains an amino acid called Tryptophan which boosts the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin. So, it instantly relaxes your brain and let you sleep peacefully. Use these age old Home remedies for sleep and relax well.
[Must Read: Home Remedies for Indigestion]
3. Opt the Herbal way
Using herbs for treatment of Insomnia is one of the best ways. Valerian is a naturally obtaining herb whose roots are potent sleep inducers. Unlike many prescription pills, the valerian is devoid of the side effects. Prescription pills will show morning drowsiness which is not seen when you use valerian root. It is one of the proven natural remedies for sleep. Herbal sleep remedies not only induce sleep but also promote digestion and improve your mental health which is beneficial.
4. Eat a banana before you sleep
It may sound little weird but in fact eating a banana let you sleep happily. It’s the magnesium present in banana which makes you sleep better. Besides magnesium, Bananas contain tryptophan, and potassium which are best-known muscle relaxants. So, having a banana half an hour before bed helps you to get a better sleep.
[Must Read: Benefits of Banana for Skin and health]
Also the magnesium in general plays a significant role in the functioning of GABA receptors The GABA is a primary neurotransmitter which calms our central nervous system (CNS) and induces sleep. So, if you are facing hard times while sleeping, then have a banana regularly before you go to bed.
5. Dive yourself into Chamomile tea
Sleep Tea is a pet name for Chamomile tea. So, as the name indicates chamomile tea is a natural remedy for sleep apnea or Insomnia. Chamomile is a mild tranquilizer which reduces our anxiety and it is also a sleep inducer.
The sedative effect of this chamomile comes from the flavonoid apigenin. This Apigenin bind to the GABA receptors and give you a mild to moderate soothing effect. So, drink this best sleep inducer regularly to get sleep instantly. It is the best of all Home remedies for sleep which is also simple and healthy.
[Also Read – Health Benefits of Chamomile tea]
6. Use Lemon Balm
Lemon balm is a perennial herb in the mint family. It is one of the ancient herbs that we knew and use. The other name for this lemon balm is “herbal-cure all.” It is because of the reason it was used to treat every illness or disease or disorder from asthma to snake bites. Nowadays it is widely employed in the enhancing mood or promoting calmness and relaxation.
Since depression is often related to insomnia, probably because of a lack of serotonin, lemon balm can help you achieve sleep by improving mental and physical health. It is the natural medicine for sleep with quite a few side effects.
[Also read: Amazing Benefits of Lemon]
Insomnia may be caused due to the low levels of serotonin. Lemon balm helps you in getting sleep by promoting physical and mental health. It is a moderate sedative which when taken in high doses can increase anxiety. Lemon balm is one of the most simplest Home remedies for sleep. So, use this best of all natural sleeping remedies for adults regularly.
Ingredients necessary for preparation:
- Lemon Balm (2 tablespoons if it is dried and ten tablespoons if it is fresh)
- Dried Chamomile- two tablespoons
- Honey- one tablespoon full
- Water- 250 ml
- Add 250 ml water into a teapot and let it boil.
- Add the lemon balm and dried chamomile to the boiling water and cover it with a lid.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat source.
- Strain the whole thing and drink the Lemon balm in still hot condition.
- Drink this lemon balm 30-40 minutes before you go to bed to sleep well.
[Must read: Anti-Aging foods]
Few more remedies to induce sleep naturally
Make few changes in your Bedroom
- Make sure that your room or sleeping are is clean and neat. Change your bedspreads and pillow covers once or twice a week. Also, before you go to bed, place all the things in their positions to avoid the messy look.
- Also, once in a week clean your room using Microbicidal agents and also use an air purifier to remove dust from your room. Because the place where you sleep also affect your mood.
- Prefer light colors in your bedroom. Do not prefer lights that are bright and distract your sleep.
- Place a perfume diffuser in your bedroom or spray a small amount of lavender oil on your pillow covers to sleep well.
- Make sure your bedroom is free from noises.
- It is better to keep your room dark.
- Check your room is free from insects like flies, mosquitoes, and other mites.
[Also Read- Home remedies for Dengue]
Check the food you take in:
- The food we eat also affect our sleep. So, eat light food in the night time.
- Try to eat before 8 PM or at least 2 hours before you sleep.
- Avoid drinking coffee or any caffeinated beverages after 5 PM as they keep you awake for longer hours.
- Do not consume alcohol. Alcohol creates drowsiness during the daytime, headache.
- Stay away from spicy food and food containing high amounts of fat.
[Also read: Iron Rich Foods for women]
General remedies to help sleep:
- Meditate regularly to improve mental stability. Meditation also helps to relieve stress which indirectly contributes to treating Insomnia.
- Follow a regular sleeping schedule. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. It sets your biological clock and helps you sleep without any disturbance. Of all the sleeping remedies this is the best method.
- Perform bedtime yoga. There are few poses in yoga which can help you to fell asleep faster. So, Try this before you go to bed.
So, these are the simple Home remedies for sleep. You can follow any of these remedies to get sleep regularly. More than any remedies keep your room in such a way it soothes your soul and try to be punctual. Sleep and wake up at the same time every day. Home remedies for sleep.