Cool weather and heat inside of our body lead to cold and sinus at some point to everyone. The pain and pressure associated with sinus are annoying. Around 37 million people are suffering from this sinus infection. Winter, spring seasons may worse sinus symptoms and often cause swelling and inflammation in tissues. In worst situations, you may encounter pain and pressure throughout the face. To overcome all these sinus problems, try some home remedies for sinus cold given in this article. In spite of going over counter products that are jittery, follow these natural remedies for blocked nose.
Sinuses are hollow filled with air and present behind the forehead and cheeks. When these sinuses are filled with water and germs, cause inflammation and sinuses become infect. A sinus infection is caused due to a virus, allergies, bacteria, fungi. Often, cold also triggers sinus infections which result in swelling and inflammation to sinuses that can lead to mucus formation. Thereby you will encounter symptoms like nose blockage, nasal stuffiness, post nasal drips, etc. Two types of sinus disease, acute sinusitis, occurs when bacteria were grown in sinuses. While chronic sinusitis occurs swelling and inflammation to sinuses. But the symptoms of that two sinusitis are almost same. Sinus pain is almost identical to a migraine headache. The symptoms of sinus like fever, sore throat, facial tenderness, nasal discharge may worse due to cool air, allergies, etc.
Home remedies for Sinus Pain
Are you suffering from a constant headache and also nose, ear pains? This may be a sinus infection. Also, facing congestion and blockage of nasal passages. A wide variety of reasons such as inside and outside allergies may cause sinusitis. But you have no need to fret, a lot of many home remedies are there to ease the sinus symptoms. With no expenditure, you can prepare several natural remedies for sinus problems at home itself. Not only inexpensive but also safe with best results. Hence, step forward to know how to treat sinus naturally and homemade remedies for sinus pains.
Steam home remedy for sinus
Steam is one of the home remedies for sinusitis. Inhaling steam will help you relieve nasal congestion and blocked nose. Also, a hot compress will soothe your sinus pain and headache. Steam treatment is the best for moistening sinuses and clears infections.
- Take a hot shower by adding few drops of methanol or eucalyptus. This hot shower helps to remove mucus and debris from the nose.
- Also, place steaming water bowl in front of you and bend your head towards it and take a long breath. While breathing, cover your head with any cloth or towel to prevent air. Do this sinus treatment for 10 minutes daily until sinus infection clears.
- Alternatively, place a warm towel on your face to get relief from sinusitis.
Simple Homemade Saline Solution
Nasal Saline Irrigation is the best solution for sinus drainage. We have many nasal irrigation sinus remedies, but the most beneficial home remedy is neti-pot which clears mucus and helps to keep your nose moist. Also, promotes nasal passages in normal by removing all dust, pollen, debris that makes your mucus thick. Another use of this home remedy for nasal blockage is it helps to ease the symptoms of cold, flu, allergies.
How to prepare Neti-pots for sinus infections?
- Blend one tbsp of sea salt and one-half tbsp of hydrogen peroxide to a glass of warm water. Use this saline solution with the help of irrigation device like neti-pot. Remember, don’t use this neti-pot more times as it cause irritation to mucous membranes.
- Else, add one tbsp of canning salt and a pinch of baking soda to distilled warm water. Like above home remedy, use this for sinus removal. Before using this Neti-pots sinus remedies, consult your doctor.
Natural Remedies for Sinus blockage
To get instant sinus relief, not necessary to go into a hospital, try some home ingredients to nullify sinus symptoms. In fact, using some nasal sprays, and other over the counter products may irritate your tissues. Hence, better to use natural remedies for sinus headaches and cold. Look through the whole article to know how to use kitchen ingredients for sinus remedies.
Apple cider vinegar for Sinus Pain
Apple cider vinegar is the excellent home remedy for sinus pressure and nose congestion. The antimicrobial and antibacterial properties of ACV helps to kill the bacteria that causes cold and other sinus infections. The potassium present in Apple Cider Vinegar helps for mucus removal from the nose.
How to ACV for the treatment of Sinusitis?
- Prepare a sinus pain medicine by adding 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water. To improve the taste, add lemon and honey to this solution. Have a cup of this solution daily to avoid nasal stuffiness.
- Along with this inhale the steam by adding few drops of apple cider vinegar to hot water.
Water to open blocked nose
Drinking a lot of water will keep away all health problems and doctor. Staying hydrated is the best cure for sinus and nose blockage. Drinking plenty of water will loose mucus and drains out of the nose. So, drink at least eight ounces of water per day. Say ‘no’ to alcohol, beverages, sugar and caffeinated drinks to avoid chronic sinusitis. Because these drinks will dehydrate your body. Also, smoking and alcohol can cause swelling to nose linings that may worsen the sinus problems.
Garlic for sinus treatment at home
Garlic, a kitchen ingredient, one of the natural remedies for sinusitis treatment. Everyone knows that it is a natural antibiotic that helps to cure sinus pressure fastly. It works great for bacterial infections like sinus. The anti-bacterial properties of garlic fight and kill all germs and bacteria that cause sinus pain.
How to treat sinus at home using garlic?
- Soak 4 to 5 garlic cloves and them to form the paste.
- Add this paste to hot water.
- Inhale the vapor as you do in the stream treatment for a few minutes.
- Repeated using this treatment can cure sinus congestion.
- Also, chew raw garlic to get rid of a sinus.
- Another way of treating sinusitis is including raw garlic and onions in soup or salads.
- Chop up the garlic cloves and spread these pieces around bread and have it get rid of sinus pressure.
Onions to cure sinus naturally
Onions are the best home remedies for sinusitis. Onions contain sulfur components which help to ease nasal blockage and treats sinusitis instantly. Due to these sulfur compounds, you will cry when you chop onions. Also, onions have antihistamine, antifungal properties that help to fight bacteria and fungi that cause sinus infections. In addition to this, onion is a powerful decongestant for nasal blockage and sinus drainage. So, onions are the best home remedies for sinus headaches.
How to use onions for sinus disease cure?
- For the mild sinus infection, mince few onions and add to recipes while cooking.
- If the sinus disease is severe, chop onions and mix with water in a bowl.
- Put this bowl on a stove and steep for some time until vapor comes out.
- Take a deep breath by allowing vapor into your nose.
- This treatment for sinus will help to drain out the water from the nose and gives instant relief from sinuses.
- Or else, you can prepare onion juice or tomato soup by adding onions to cure stuffy nose.
Ginger to treat sinus allergy
One of the most natural home remedies for sinus drainage is Ginger. The common ingredient in our dishes ginger includes gingerols, volatile oils, polyphenols that help to secrete mucus to out and maintains normal nasal ciliary. Hence, by using of ginger, you will get a benefit of clearing sinuses and relief from sinus cold. Check some ways for nose infection treatment at home.
- Chop up the fresh ginger into slices and add them to water.
- Heat this water on a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Strain this ginger solution and have it to clear sinuses.
- If you don’t like a taste of raw ginger tea, add one teaspoon of lemon and honey.
- Follow this home remedy for sinus headaches for a week to clear mucus from the nose.
- Prepare ginger tea and dip a cloth to absorb the tea.
- Place this warm cloth on your face by closing eyes.
- Repeat this treatment for several times until the tea becomes cold.
Horseradish to cure sinus cold
Among home remedies for sinus, horseradish is one. Like onions, horseradish also has sulfur components which play an important role in clearing nose blockage. Horseradish, also mucolytics cleans mucus and aids proper sinus drainage. The sulfur content in horseradish makes it act like an antibiotic. Hence, it destroys all germs and microorganisms which cause infections to the nose. With all these advantages, horseradish is proven as one of the best home remedies for sinus cold.
These home remedies for sinus infections will help to get instant relief from sinus pains and pressures. If you didn’t get any change, then contact a doctor to get suggestions and then approach for a proper treatment of sinus.