Indigestion is not a disease or disorder, but a simple illness which can be cured easily. Even a healthy individual might experience this condition once in a while. There are many reasons which cause indigestion, but there is no need to worry. Then, how to treat heartburn at home? Simple! There are many Natural Home Remedies for Indigestion which are safe. So, have a glance at the indigestion cure tips and use them whenever necessary.
Home Remedies for Indigestion
Indigestion is a feeling of fullness in your stomach according to science, but it is an uncomfortable feeling that doesn’t let your mind to relax in general sense. So, it is not a serious illness which needs a specific treatment in most of the cases. The best cure for indigestion is using simple Home remedies. The home remedies can render a great relief from indigestion problem. So, have a glance at the best Home Remedies for Indigestion and have a happy tummy. The indigestion home remedies includes the following
- Go with the age old medicine- Ginger
- Have some Green tea
- Drink some soda
- Add some cumin to get relief
- Chew caraway for best results.
1. Ginger- Best remedy for Indigestion:
It is always safe and best to use some proven remedies for indigestion or any other ailments. So, chewing a piece of ginger or having a cup of ginger tea will be the best treatment for heartburn at home. But, be sure that you are not consuming more than 4 inches of ginger at once. Consuming more quantity of ginger may result in acid reflux. Ginger is anti-inflammatory, a mild stimulant which improves blood circulation and improves digestion. Hence, to get relief from indigestion add this simple tip treat your problem.
Ginger- 2inch piece
Lemon– 2 tablespoons full
Water- 1 cup
The method of preparation:
- Take some fresh ginger and cut a two-inch piece from it.
- Make it into small pieces and add them to a saucepan.
- Add a cup or two cups of water to the ginger and let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Filter the tea and remove the ginger pieces from the water and add two tablespoons full of honey to it and drink it when it is still warm.
2. Green tea– Instant relief for Indigestion:
We all know the aura or the magical benefits of green tea which include weight loss, hair growth, best Anti- oxidant rich food. But, have you ever heard or observed that green tea helps in better digestion. As soon as you finish drinking a cup of green tea, your stomach will send you the signs of hunger. It is because it promotes digestion and also gives you a feeling of subtle, pleasant stomach. So, have some green tea when you are bloated. Green tea is the best natural remedy for indigestion that you can trust.
Green tea-1 tablespoon/ a tea bag
Warm water- 1 cup
Lemon- 2 tablespoons
The method of preparation:
- Take a cup of warm water and dip your green tea bag in it or add a tablespoon of green tea leave to the warm water.
- Stir well for 2 minutes or submerge the bag for 2-3 minutes and then remove the green tea bag or the green tea leaves.
- Add honey to it and drink it when it is still in hot condition.
- Within 5 to 10 minutes, you will get indigestion relief. So, follow this home remedy to get an instant relief for indigestion. It is one of the best Home Remedies for Indigestion; it may not have a great taste, but it works relly great.
3. Sparkling Water or Carbonated Water:
The biggest mistake we do every day is talking while eating. It is seen more when you are in a party or a gathering. Generally, at that time we eat a bit more than usual and besides we are talking to others while chewing which results in increased air intake through our mouth. So, the best remedy for indigestion at that time is drinking sparkling water or carbonated water instead of ordinary water.
It is one of the simplest techniques available to get relief or cure indigestion problem. It is one of the best Home remedies for indigestion as it doesn’t require any preparation time except opening the cap of the bottle. You can not find an indigestion remedy which is simpler than this one. So, have some soda when you want relief from indigestion.
4. Cumin decoction- Popular home remedy for Indigestion:
Almost all the condiments, when taken in limited quantities promote digestion. In that way, cumin seeds are a bit more beneficial as they promote faster digestion as well as reduce bloating. Cumin has alkaline properties which can neutralize the acid levels in your stomach and soothe your heartburn too. The presence of thymol and other essential oils in cumin seeds stimulate the salivary glands thereby helping in the digestion of the food. Apart from this, it strengthens a sluggish digestive system. Hence, if you do suffer from indigestion try drinking some jeera tea.
The presence of thymol and other essential oils in cumin seeds stimulate the salivary glands thereby helping in the digestion of food. Apart from this, it strengthens a sluggish digestive system. Hence, if you do suffer from indigestion try drinking some jeera tea. All these reasons made the cumin one of the best natural remedies for indigestion. So, know how to prepare cumin decoction to treat indigestion instantly.
Cumin seeds- 2 tablespoons full
Water- 1 cup
sugar or honey- a tablespoon full.
Directions to prepare:
- Take two tablespoons full of cumin seeds and dry roast them in a pan for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add a cup of water in the saucepan and add roasted cumin to the boiling water and leave it for 5 minutes to boil.
- Now turn off the flame and filter the decoction and let it cool down to a temperature where you can drink comfortably.
- Within 5-10 minutes you will experience a great relief from indigestion.
5. Chewing Caraway:
If you see any Indian wedding or any feast, you can see a tradition of giving caraway seeds at the end of the meal. It is not just a mere tradition; there is a perfect justification behind this ritual. In general, we eat a bit more in such special occasions which lead to indigestion. So, to avoid the inconvenience to the guests at last caraway is served. Caraway seeds help in fastening the digestion process. So, it is considered as one of the best home remedies for indigestion.
Therefore, these are the best indigestion remedies which are proven to be effective and safe. To get an instant relief from indigestion or to cure indigestion you can use these simple solutions. These are all the traditional homemade remedies for indigestion, so you can treat mild to moderate indigestion problem with these tips. But, if the illness persists for long lime or the severe pain and other symptoms appear you should consult a physician.