- 1 Home Remedies for Gum Swelling
- 1.1 Salt Water to Reduce Gum Swelling
- 1.2 Gum Swelling Home Treatment with Turmeric
- 1.3 Treat Swollen and Bleeding gums with Aloe Vera
- 1.4 Relieve Gum Swelling with Oil Pulling
- 1.5 Clove Oil for Gum Swelling
- 1.6 Ginger for Swollen Gums
- 1.7 Tea Tree Oil for Reducing Gums Swelling
- 1.8 Lemon water for your Gums
- 1.9 Mustard Oil Treatment for Gum Swelling
- 1.10 Drink Lots of Water
- 2 What is Good for Gum Swelling?
Even a small abnormality in your body may trouble your day. One among the abnormalities that trouble you is gum swelling. Are you facing the problem of swollen gums? And searching for the treatment for gum swelling? Then you are at the right place. You’ll find the best home remedies for gum swelling here. Switch to the next sections in the page.
Reduce Gum Swelling fast with the following list of the best natural remedies for swollen gums.
Home Remedies for Gum Swelling
Reduce the gum swelling and pain with a proper dental care. And also by following some gum swelling home remedies. The below home remedies for swollen gums can help you in the starting stages. If you experience the symptoms for more than two to three weeks, please consult a doctor.
- Salt Water.
- Aloe Vera.
- Oil Pulling.
- Clove oil.
- Ginger and salt paste.
- Tea tree oil.
- Lemon water.
- Mustard Oil.
Salt Water to Reduce Gum Swelling
Salt is an effective remedy for swollen gums. It prevents the growth of bacteria in the mouth. Also, reduces the risk of infections which may create many oral issues.
This is why many toothpaste brands give their advertisements focussing on the salt presence in their product.
How to use the salt remedy for swollen gums?
- Rub your gums with salt gently for a few seconds after completing the brushing.
- Repeat the process daily. Even after you are free from swelling, do the salt remedy to prevent recurrence.
You can also use salt for treating gum swelling in an another method.
- Use the salt water to rinse your mouth. Do it twice a day and until you recover from swelling.
Gum Swelling Home Treatment with Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the natural home remedies for gum swelling. The Turmeric has curcumin that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
These antioxidant and inflammatory properties help in reducing the pain, swelling, and inflammation. Like the salt, turmeric also prevents the growth of infections in the mouth.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder and water.
- Apply the turmeric paste on the gums and massage gently with your finger for a minute.
- Let it rest for five minutes.
- Now, rinse your mouth with water.
- Do this twice a day and for one to two weeks.
Treat Swollen and Bleeding gums with Aloe Vera
One more home treatment for gum swelling is with Aloe Vera. The natural herb aloe vera has the antibacterial properties and anti-inflammatory properties.
Also, it prevents the growth of bacteria that causes plaque in the mouth and reduces the inflammation of gums.
- Take out the gel from aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the gel to the gums and gently massage with your finger for one to two minutes.
- Rinse the mouth with warm water.
- Do this a few times in a day until you find the result.
Also read: How to use aloe vera?
Relieve Gum Swelling with Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is the best way to reduce gum swelling. Whatever the oral disease, oil pulling helps you.
This is an ancient practice that helps in reducing the growth of bacteria in the mouth. It also prevents the formation of plaque and provides strength to the gums.
- Take a spoon of sesame oil in the mouth.
- Keep swishing the oil all around the mouth for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now, split out the oil and rinse with warm water.
- At last brush your teeth.
- Do the oil pulling every morning before brushing.
Clove Oil for Gum Swelling
Another swollen gums home remedy is the clove oil. You might already know the benefits of clove for toothache. But it is also a cure for gum swelling.
The volatile oil Eugenol present in the clove has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They help you to get rid of swollen gums and also relieves pain in the tooth.
- Mix clove and olive oil together.
- Dip a cotton ball in the oil solution.
- Now, place the cotton ball against the swollen gums and hold for some time.
- This will help you to get rid of a toothache and also the swelling in gums.
Ginger for Swollen Gums
One more ingredient from the home remedies for gum swelling is the ginger. The most common kitchen ingredient ginger is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. These anti-inflammatory compounds of ginger are Gingerols. They makes it an effective swollen gums remedy.
- Make a paste of ginger.
- Add a pinch of salt to the paste of ginger.
- If the paste is too dry, then add a very little water to get the paste consistency.
- Apply the ginger paste to the gums and massage with your fingers.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Do this twice or thrice a day.
Have a look at: Other uses of ginger.
Tea Tree Oil for Reducing Gums Swelling
Similar to the above remedies for gum pain and swelling, the tea tree oil has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Follow this tea tree oil remedy to prevent the irritation and inflamed gums and to have healthy gums.
- Mix a glass of water and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Use this mixture as the mouthwash.
- Do this twice a day until you get a better result.
- Use toothpaste with the tea tree oil as the main ingredient for brushing.
- Do not swallow the tea tree oil as it may cause stomach problems.
Lemon water for your Gums
Here is another sore gums remedy. The alkalizing lemon has nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A and the fiber of pectin. The lemon also has antibacterial properties as it is a citrus family fruit. All the properties of lemon make it the best gum swelling treatment.
The nutrients in lemon fulfill the deficiency of minerals and vitamins which are a reason for swelling. And also, the alkalizing property prevents the growth of bacteria in the mouth. So, you can use the lemon remedy for treating gums bleeding and swelling.
- Squeeze lemon into a glass of warm water.
- Take some warm lemon water into your mouth and swirl around the mouth for some time.
- Spit out the water and repeat the similar process with the left lemon water.
- After completing, rinse your mouth with plain water.
Read Also: Amazing benefits of lemon
Mustard Oil Treatment for Gum Swelling
Mustard oil is another gum pain remedy. The antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties of mustard oil make it one of the best home remedies for gum swelling. The compound Glucosinolate in the mustard oil makes it an agent of anti-microbe characteristic.
When you have a massage with mustard oil, it improves the blood circulation to the particular part. Similarly, when you massage your gums with mustard oil, it stimulates the blood flow to the gums. Thereby relieves the inflammation and provides the anti-microbial properties.
Drink Lots of Water
Drinking water is always a good remedy for all types of diseases. No doubt, your problem of swelling in the gums also washes out with water.
Saliva in the mouth helps to kill bacteria, break down the food you eat and maintain the hygiene of the mouth. Water helps in the production of saliva. When there is an inadequate amount of water in the body, your mouth dries up. This leads to infections and finally swelling. So make a habit of drinking lots of water and avoid the causes of gum swelling and pain.
What is Good for Gum Swelling?
- Make a habit of brushing after meals.
- Do not brush your teeth roughly as it may irritate the gums.
- Try not to eat or drink very hot or very cold foods.
- Remember to replace your toothbrush for every three months.
- Use the brush with soft bristles.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Take a dental checkup for at least 6 months a year.