A fever is a kind of illness that occurs whenever our body starts fighting with an infection. If our body crosses the normal temperature, that condition is considered as fever. Therefore know how to bring down our high temperature to normal range with the help of below Home Remedies for Fever.
Home Remedies for Fever
What temperature is considered as fever? Usually, the normal temperature of our body is 98.6 degrees F or 37 degrees celsius. When our body has more temperature than this range then you will get a fever. When you get a fever, you will have symptoms like a headache, cold, slight shivering, weakness, etc. If the temperature exceeds 104 degrees, it is a dangerous situation. At that stage, you must visit the doctor. The causes of fever are exposure of your skin to sunlight, certain medications, some infections. So to get rid of fever, try these simple home remedies for fever and cold.
The top 6 home remedies for fever are:
- Cold compress.
- Basil Leaves.
- Herbal tea.
- Apple cider vinegar.
The best treatment for fever at home that has been using from ancient times is cold compress. The main thing that you must do for fever is reducing the temperature. Soak a clean washed cloth in normal water. Remove the excess water and place this cloth on a patient’s forehead. For every five minutes, soak the cloth again and put on the forehead. This is the most beneficial home remedy for a fever for bringing temperature under control.
Alternatively, you can also go for lukewarm water bath if you have a low temperature. But, it’s better to avoid bath during fever and prefer this cold compress treatment. Make sure that the water is not too cool because the over cool water may increase the internal body temperature.
[Read more: How cold compress reduce a headache]
Basil is an excellent answer to the question “How to get rid of a fever naturally at home?”. These basil leaves have the properties of antifungal, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, these leaves work effectively to treat the symptoms of fever like a sore throat, headache, flu, cough. This sacred herb helps to remove phlegm and clears the respiratory system. Therefore, basil leaves are considered as the one among best home remedies for fever. Hence, use basil leaves to get a fever down.
How to get down high fever temperature with basil leaves?
- First, take a handful of basil leaves and wash them completely.
- Now, add these leaves along with grated ginger in a cup of water.
- Heat the solution until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Then, strain the liquid and drink this solution by adding a little amount of honey.
- As an alternative, prepare an herbal tea by including one-fourth tbsp of pepper and some basil leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- After boiling for five minutes, strain the solution and have that tea.
- Drinking this herbal tea can help you get immediate relief from fever and its symptoms.
[Read more: How basil leaves treat dengue fever]
For getting rid of fever, you must treat cold and cough first. Because these two infections will increase the body temperature. The most popular home ingredient which acts as both antibiotic and antiseptic is turmeric. The antiviral properties of turmeric help to cure a cold and cough which are the major triggers for fever. Turmeric consist of the compound called curcumin has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These properties will help the immune system to fight with bacteria and hence reduce fever blisters. Hence, turmeric is considered as one of the home remedies for fever.
[Read more: Other uses of turmeric]
How to break a fever with turmeric?
- Include a half tbsp of turmeric and one-fourth tbsp of black pepper powder to a glass of milk.
- Drink this milk for two times in a day to lower fever symptoms.
Herbal remedies are an excellent choice for high fever treatment. Mainly herbal teas contain antioxidant, anti-inflammatory compounds will help to reduce congestion related to the fever. Some of the herbal teas which can reduce the symptoms of fever within 2 to 3 hours. Chamomile tea is one of the herbal remedies for fever. It helps you to get relief from fever symptoms like chest colds, sore throat, inflammation. All you must do is boil 2 gms of chamomile flower in a cup of water for about 5 minutes. Strain the liquid and drink it. Use this fever blister cure home remedy for two times in a day.
[Read more: List of herbal teas for better health]
Ginger is one of the home remedies for fever. It helps our body to expel heat. Also, it acts as the natural antiviral, antibacterial agent. Hence, ginger can boost the immune system to fight with any type of infections. It has the compound named Ajoene that can control infections by killing bacteria and microbes. Hence, people who are suffering from mild fever should eat ginger along with honey to get immediate relief from fever. You can use ginger in 3 ways for treating severe fever. Along with ginger, you can also use garlic because it is also one among the home remedies for fever. Garlic flushes out the harmful toxins out of the body and helps for speedy recovery.
[Read more: How ginger helps to treat sinus infections]
Directions to use ginger to reduce temperature:
- Add fresh ginger pieces to a cup of boiling water. After 5 minutes, strain the liquid and include some amount of honey to it. Drink that solution for two times in a day.
- Alternatively, combine half spoon of ginger juice, lemon and honey each of 1 tbsp very well. Consume this mixture for two or three times per a day until you relieve from fever.
- Else, add a spoon of ginger powder in a bathtub and mix very well. Now, take a bath with this water. Within few minutes your body will sweat and thereby the fever temperature will reduce. But, for this home remedy, you must take a test with this water whether this water suits to you or not. Because some people will get rashes with this remedy.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Another best home treatment for fever is Apple cider Vinegar. Often, this natural remedy works better than the fever tablets. The acid content present in apple cider vinegar draws out the heat from the body. Also, it helps to restore the minerals that lost during fever. The antiviral property of apple cider vinegar fights with any kind of bacteria and keeps cold and cough at a bay. Hence, it is considered as the best fever medicine for adults. You can also use this apple cider vinegar for fever blisters
How to treat a fever with apple cider vinegar?
- First, add some drops of apple cider vinegar to your bath water. Leave the tub undisturbed until it completely dissolved in the water. Dip a cloth in this water and clean your body. Within 20 minutes, the temperature will get reduced and thereby your fever downs. Repeat this home remedy whenever you recognize high fever.
- Else, take apple cider vinegar and water in 1:2 proportion. Now, soak a cloth in this solution and place it on the forehead, stomach, and feet. Change the cloth and replace a new one whenever it get’s dry. Repeat this natural solution to break a fever.
- Mix 2 tbsps of ACV and one tbsp of honey in a glass of water. Drink this solution for three or four times in a day.
Now, you got the list of best-proven home remedies for fever. These natural medicines treat fever effectively and quickly. Hence, try these natural solutions and monitor the difference.