Dysentery, the most disturbing problem from infants to adults caused by bacteria or parasites, seems acute or chronic nature. It broadly refers to the gastrointestinal disorders indicated by the inflammation of the intestines. Dysentery results in abdomen pain, nausea, and discharge of watery and semi-solid stools along with blood. During dysentery condition, the saliva becomes acidic, and the gastric juice becomes alkaline. If it is not cured initially, leads to many critical situations even becomes fatal. So, when you observe the symptoms of diarrhea, use some natural remedies for the treatment of diarrhea. We list out some of the proven home remedies for dysentery which are completely safe and gives quick results. These tips will vanish your abdomen pain, nausea, etc.
Causes of Dysentery
Dysentery is an intestinal inflammation, especially in the colon, that can lead to severe diarrhea with mucus or blood in the feces. Mainly it is caused due to two reasons. Check out the dysentery causes here.
- Bacillary dysentery, caused by the bacteria called Shigella.
- Amoebic Dysentery caused by the single-celled protozoa or bacteria known as Entamoeba histolytica.
- Causes due to viral infections, bacterial infections, and parasitic infections.
- By consuming the contaminated food and unsanitized water, diarrhea occurs.
- Poor sanitization.
- It transfers from one to another due to cold, contaminated food, uncooked food.
Home Remedies for Dysentery
Diarrhea occurs due to improper functioning of the digestive system. It results in loose motions, vomitings, dehydration. So to treat dysentery naturally, examine the best-proven home remedies for dysentery which are safe. Since all these remedies contain the daily products which we use in our kitchen, we didn’t invest separate money for this remedies.
Ginger & Castor oil
Ginger, the commonly used product in our day to day life, works efficiently for the dysentery treatment. Due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties, cures the diarrhea within one day. It works as the excellent home remedy for the abdomen pain and ease bowel inflammation. You may feel relief by taking the ginger juice with castor oil and water. You can beat the diarrhea by drinking the ginger tea.
- Ginger tea preparation: Add 12 slices of fresh ginger with 3 cups of water and boil for 20minutes. Then filter the particles and add 2 tbsp of honey.
- If fresh ginger is not available, use the dry ginger powder and combine it with water.
- Also, mix the ginger powder with buttermilk and takes 2 or 3 times a day.
- Drinking these ginger emulsions reduces the abdomen pain and vanishes dysentery.
Mint Leaves, Black Cardamom, Fennel Seeds, And Cinnamon
The mixture of this products cures the bacillary dysentery fastly. Since every product has the antibacterial properties, works as the best treatment for dysentery. There is no need to search for the products since these are available in our kitchen. Instead of this, you can drink the chamomile tea which has antispasmodic properties. These properties take an active role in stopping vomitings and loose motions quickly with no side effects.
How to treat dysentery using these products?
- Heat the water by adding 4-5 mint leaves, 1 tbsp of fennel seeds, 1inch cinnamon, and 2 black cardamoms for 10 minutes.
- Filter the substances and add 1 tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt to the mixture.
- To prevent the dysentery from reoccurring, drink for three times a day.
Drink plenty of fluids
The main cause of diarrhea is dehydration. During bacillary dysentery, lots of water will lose by the passage of watery stools. Hence your body will be dehydrated. To recover from dehydration, you must drink sufficient fluids. These fluids will let back you to hydrate. Water is the best solution for the chronic dysentery treatment. Drinking 2 to 3 liters of water per day will cure diarrhea fastly. Not only water you may also take the sports drinks, coconut water, herbal teas, vegetable soups, etc.
- Barley water is also an excellent natural remedy to treat dysentery.
- Also, lemon water works greatly to avoid diarrhea.
- To cure loose motions for the infants, White grape juice is the best home remedy.
- Drinking enough buttermilk also stops the chronic diarrhea.
Foods that stops diarrhea
Our diet plays an important role for the amoebic diarrhea treatment. Eating the right food can stop the diarrhea quickly. Intake of fiber rich foods cures the watery stools and mucous diarrhea. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests that women must consume at least 25 grams of fiber and men must take 38 grams of fiber daily.
- The products like brown rice, barley, and other grains are rich in fiber. So, sufficient intake of these products can cure the dysentery and vomitings.
- Carrot, banana, and yogurt are good sources of fiber. Consuming these products avoid the mucous diarrhea and dysentery.
- Always use the filtered water for drinking. Also, don’t eat the food which is not cooked completely.
Pomegranate, the most common fruit known by everyone. But no one knows it is the best solution to stop dysentery. Among the list of home remedies for dysentery, pomegranate is one. It has the anti-inflammatory properties and antiviral enzymes. The pomegranate juice cures dysentery and diarrhea within one day itself. Boil the water with the pomegranate seeds for 20 minutes and take the solution for 2 or 3 times. You will get the quick relief from acute dysentery.
- Besides pomegranate juice, you can also take the solution of pomegranate and milk. Boil 50 grams of pomegranate seeds with 250 ml of milk for some time and consume this emulsion.
- The combination of Pomegranate juice and the grape juice is also an excellent home remedy for dysentery treatment.
- Make a fine powder of pomegranate seeds and raisins. Consume this powder 2 or 3 times a day. You will obtain quick relief from the vomitings and loose motions.
The most suggested home remedy for diarrhea is fenugreek seeds. It avoids the acute dysentery fast and prevents not to happen again. These seeds have high mucilage content and provide the antidiarrheal effect. Eat 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds with tbsp of yogurt.
- Alternatively, consume powder of fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds with 1tbsp of yogurt.
- You can boil these seeds or leaves of fenugreek in water and take the solution twice or thrice for a day.
- Fenugreek seeds with the buttermilk also the best natural remedy for the treatment of diarrhea.
Bael fruit is one of the home remedies for dysentery. In fact, this fruit is also used in many medicines preparation. By consuming the pulp of bael fruit, you will get cured of the loose motions. Or else, you can mix the bael fruit pulp with jaggery and intake this mixture 3 times per a day.
- As an alternative, you can take the mixture consists pulp of unripe bael fruit, dried ginger, and buttermilk. This composition also avoids the vomitings and dysentery.
- On the other hand, roast the unripe fruit, separate the pulp and add the water.
The well-known curry leave used in every recipe is coriander. In addition to this, it is one of the best home remedies for dysentery. Having the coriander juice recovers you from the loose motions and vomitings. Boil the coriander leaves with 2 cups of water.
- As a substitute, chew the coriander leaves with onion, sugar, curd, and tender leaves of peepal in equal quantities. You will see the best result and recovers from abdomen pain and tenesmus.
Natural tips to stop diarrhea
- Take the camphor with the buttermilk. You will get the quick relief from abdomen pain. It is one of the home remedies for dysentery.
- Drinking lot of fluids like coconut water, sugar water also avoids diarrhea.
- Avoid alcohol, strong tea, and coffee. Also, don’t eat spicy & heavy food.
- Wash your hands before cooking and eating.
- Try to use to drink only clean and filtered water.
- Don’t eat the foods which are contaminated and unhygienic.
These natural homemade remedies will let out you from the abdomen pain, diarrhea, dysentery quickly. Use these tips to avoid the dysentery within one day. Do not use this treatment to the children below 2 years.