Winter, a lingering season for beautiful blossoms which are pleasant for the heart. But the cold weather also brings you uncomfortable skin dryness and Xeroderma. When the temperature drops, then the humidity level will drop that leads to dry skin. Especially, this dry skin occurs when our skin loses the oil barrier and water. Hence, it is necessary to keep our skin moist with best moisturizers. So, pay attention to read top 10 home remedies for dry skin which gives best results fastly.
Today we have many artificial moisturizers in the market. In spite of keeping skin moist, these products will harsh your skin and cause painful pimples also. So, go forward to prepare natural moisturizers at home that are not only effective but also low price. Hence, read the complete article to have the knowledge of how to prepare home remedies for dry skin. Also, this article contains everything that you need about how to avoid Xeroderma in winter. Often these dry skin remedies can also avoid an occurrence of pimples also.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin Care
Dry skin, the common problem faced by everyone at some point in their lives. Extreme dryness of the skin may lead to a disease called Xeroderma. Especially, sensitive skin which has low sebum can easily prone to dry skin. Mainly dry skin is caused due to several environmental conditions, nutritional deficiencies, genetics, etc. Hence, dry skin needs hydration and excess nourishment to keep skin moist. Often, dry skin must have regular moisturizing with essential oils, healthy fatty acids, and other sticky gels. Also, monitor the soaps that you are using because some soaps will cause dryness to skin and lead to itchiness. Particularly, we can come across this dry skin problem in the winter season. The skin becomes dry and leads to flakes and scaly patches. So, to get rid of dry skin, you should need perfect skin care solutions. Therefore, spend a time to make use of home remedies for dry skin which are cost effective and gives the best results quickly.
Honey to avoid dry skin
Honey is the natural moisturizer that helps to prevent skin dryness and keep moist. It contains antioxidants and humectant properties. Antioxidants transfer electrons and hydrogen that stops skin cells damage and prevent dry skin. Also, honey controls free radical production which is the main cause for dry skin and Xeroderma. Honey is the best dry skin remedy that it provides smoothness and softness to your body skin. Along with this benefit, the vitamins and minerals of honey promote your health. Hence, use honey for the broken skin on face. Particularly, honey is the best solution for dry skin on face in winter.
- Spread honey to all over your body and leave it to settle for 10 minutes.
- After that take a shower.
- Repeat this dry skin treatment daily to get the effective results.
- As an alternative, you can also add olive oil and beeswax to honey.
- Weigh equal amounts of these ingredients to prepare face moisturizer for dry skin.
- Melt beeswax on a low flame.
- Then, mix olive oil and honey to it.
- Apply this mixture on your whole body and allow it undisturbed for absorbing the oil to your skin.
- After that, have a bath.
- Use this treatment for few days to get a soft and smooth skin.
Olive Oil to prevent dryness on face
Olive oil is the best home remedy for dry skin care. It contains several antioxidants like vitamin A, Vitamin E, fatty acids that help to moisturize dry skin. Vitamin A soothes your dry skin and prevents occurrence of wrinkles. In addition to this, vitamin E diminishes free radicals effect which damages collagen responsible for dry skin. Also, olive oil nourishes your skin and avoid irritation; itchiness occurs due to Xeroderma. Hence, use this dry skin care tip to get effective results.
How to treat dry skin with olive oil?
- Use a streak of olive oil as a regular dry skin moisturiser.
- Before taking a shower, spread the olive oil to all your body and rub gently to remove dry skin.
Another home remedy for dry skin with olive oil is a mixture of brown sugar, honey, and olive oil.
- Honey – 1 tablespoon.
- Brown sugar – 4 tablespoons.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
How to use
- Blend these ingredients thoroughly and use this as a daily scrubber.
- Massage this natural homemade scrub on your dry skin in circular motions.
- After that take a bath and then apply a light moisturizer.
- Use this natural moisturizer for dry skin every day to attain best results.
Milk Bath for dry face skin care
Do you know how to treat dry skin face at home? Milk is one of the most popular home remedies for dry skin. The soothing properties of milk cure dry skin and promote your skin healthily. Lactic acid, a component in milk exfoliates your dead skin cells and keeps skin moist. The major source of milk is Caprylic Acid that maintains PH balance in your body. Milk is one among the best natural winter skin care home remedies. Hence, use this milk as a natural facial for dry skin at home.
- Soak a cloth in cold milk and place this cloth on your body for at least 10 minutes.
- After that, clean the milk cream on the body with a cloth dipped in warm water.
- It will moisturize your skin and keep skin healthy.
- Hence, use this homemade facial cream for dry skin every day.
- Mix some drops of rose water to four tablespoons of milk.
- Spread this solution on your dry skin and left it for some time.
- Wash off your skin with cold water.
- Follow this skin care tip for dry skin twice a day for several months.
Homemade Facials for Dry Skin
Along with home remedies for dry skin, you can also prepare facial masks at home to get rid of dry skin. You can’t spend money for facials at parlor to get rid of dry skin. Just follow the below methods and prepare best facials for dry skin at home itself.
Aloe Vera Face Pack to cure dry skin
How to remove dry skin? Aloe Vera, most well-known herb works great for dry skin treatment. The antiseptic and soothing properties of aloe vera prevent itchiness and possibly best solution for dry skin flakes. By applying a thin layer of aloe vera gel may remove all impurities and heals skin flakes quickly. In fact, this aloe vera is one of the best dry skin care tips that helps to provide smoothness to dry skin.
Directions to use:
- Pluck fresh aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from the leaf.
- Apply this gel on your dry skin legs, hands and allow it to settle on a skin for some time.
- After that rub the skin to remove dead cells and clean your skin with lukewarm water.
- Do this home remedy for dry skin once a day.
- Instead of this, you can also use aloe vera and cucumber gel for dry skin home remedies.
Avocado Face Mask to avoid dry skin
Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are the best home remedies for dry skin. Avocado is an eminent skin hydrating agent. The presence of antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins in avocado can help to moisturize your dry skin. In fact, it improves skin from inside by protecting damage caused due to free radicals and stress. Avocado facial will prevent dry and damaged skin and helps to regenerate and rejuvenate the skin.
Directions to use:
- Mash up an avocado to form the paste.
- Apply this paste on your dry skin as a face pack.
- Rub gently on your skin with your fingertips for 10 minutes and then clean with cold water.
- Follow this homemade facial for dry skin once a day.
- Alternatively, mix pulp of ripe avocado and a half cup of honey.
- Spread this mixture on your dry skin and leave it for some time until the skin absorbs paste.
Yogurt to moisturize your dry skin
One of the significant DIY home remedies for dry skin is Yogurt. It helps to hydrate the skin and thereby prevents dry skin flakes. Moreover, it soothes itchy and dry skin by its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Lactic acid, the main substance included in yogurt helps to destroy all germs and bacteria that causes dryness and itchiness to skin. Hence it is the best natural moisturizer for sensitive skin. So, utilize this natural toner for dry skin in winter.
Directions to use:
- Apply yogurt on your dry skin in legs, hands, and all body.
- Massage gently for a few minutes.
- This yogurt exfoliates dead skin cells and also hydrates your skin.
- Else, mix yogurt, lemon juice, honey, and mashed papaya thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture on your dry skin and leave it for some time.
- This home remedy will give you the best results instantly.
Natural tips for dry skin on face
Use Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly is the powerful emollient to prevent evaporation of skin. Plus, the hydrating properties of petroleum jelly allows keeping skin moist. It is the most affordable option for everyone. Since petroleum jelly is sticky and thick, better to use this dry skin remedy at night. Hence, apply a thin coating of this natural moisturizer for dry skin to lock moisture coming out. Also, you can apply this jelly on dry hands and feet before going to bed. After spreading, cover the places with gloves to prevent removal of jelly and promotes absorption.
For every problem, water is the best solution. Like, drinking more water can help to keep you moist and get rids of dry skin effectively and fastly. Water throws out all toxins that evaporate water inside of your body. Hence, aim for 8 ounces of water to drink daily. This dry skin treatment nourishes your skin and keeps you hydrated. Remember not to take alcohol and other hot drinks as they may cause dehydration and responsible for dry skin.
Cool down your bath water
If you are suffering fro dry skin, better to avoid hot water to bath. As it may worsen the situation and cause itchiness. Hence, instead of going for the hot water bath, use cold water as a replacement. Or else, use only lukewarm water to bath tub. After bathing, prefer only soft towel as hard cloth may cause pain to your skin.
Ingest healthy diet
To avoid dry skin, consume healthy fruits and vegetables to gain vitamins and minerals for healthy skin. Also, take more water content fruits and vegetables like watermelon, tomatoes, broccoli which are good for hydration. In addition to this, digest healthy fatty acids as they are good sources for body overall health.
As all these home remedies for dry skin are inexpensive and has effective benefits, use them daily to get rid of dry skin. Maintain patience because no treatment can show one-day results.