Our daily routine usually involves spending a lot of time in front of the mirror viewing our face and giving those essential finishing touches to the application of eyeliners, rouge, mascara, etc. as we get ready. But, many of us doesn’t care to devote adequate time to the way our feet look. It results in foot problems especially cracks in heels. The cracked heels are a painful condition that can make walking and even stand seem very embarrassing. Don’t worry; you can cure the cracks in feet by using these Home Remedies for Cracked Heels.
How to Heal Cracked Heels ?
In fact, the part that needs the most attention is the feet. Because every time you take a step, your whole weight comes down on your heels. So, that’s the reason if you don’t take care of your feet and heels, you are bound to have some serious wear and tear eventually.
You may not realize it, but the truth is that in our lifetime we will walk about 1000’s of miles. So, the skin of our feet is exposed to vagaries of nature as well as the type of footwear we put on while moving around.
Cracked heels are a common condition in which our skin begins to break along the outer edges of the heel. Hence, the skin over there becomes dry, hard, and flaky thereby causing the fissures. Some of these cracks on feet may even lead to painful bleeding.
These Cracked heels can result from a number of reasons. But the main causes of Cracked heels are shoes that don’t fit quite right, some microbial infection of calluses, standing most of the time, or even a nutrient deficiency, etc. But you may get back your soft heels naturally by using these 8 effective Home remedies for Cracked heels. So, try these foot crack remedies at home and say goodbye to your dry and rough heels forever.
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
One of the most important habits to adopt if you have cracked heels, or have had it in the past, is to keep your feet moisturized at all time. Also, you should try these Home Remedies for Cracked Heels.
Vegetable oils such as Olive oil, Sesame oil, Coconut oil or any other hydrogenated oil can be used for cracked heels treatment. Because the fats present in the hydrogenated vegetable oils, nourish our skin. For better results, use this Home Remedy for Cracked heels before going to bed.
- First of all, scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
- Now wash your feet and dry them up completely using a clean towel.
- Apply any of the given vegetable oils on the broken parts of your feet.
- Gently massage so that your feet get the necessary blood circulation.
- Then wear a pair of socks and leave it on overnight.
- Wash off your feet completely in the morning.
- Repeat this process until your cracked heels are cured completely.
Use Lemons to reduce Cracks in Feet
Lemon is one of the best Home Remedies for Cracked Heels. It works effectively in healing your cracked heels. The acidic nature of the lemons helps in removing the dead skin cells excellently to help you get a new soft and smooth skin in place of your cracked skin at heels. There are many ways to use lemon for dry cracked heels.
Take a fresh lemon and cut it into two halves. Take a half of it and rub this half on your feet while squeezing it so that the juice is transferred to your heels. Repeat this process for 5 minutes. Now gently scrub your feet with a soft cloth or brush. Finally, wash off with water.
- Pour warm water in a tub and add lemon juice to it.
- Soak your feet in the tub for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now scrub your cracked heels using a pumice stone.
- Finally, wash your feet and pat dry with a towel.
NOTE: Avoid using very hot water, which can cause your feet to dry out more.
Process 3: Vaseline & Lemon Juice
- Soak your feet in a warm water tub for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Mix one teaspoon of Vaseline to a few drops of lemon juice.
- Gently rub this mixture over your heels and other cracked parts of the feet till it gets absorbed into the skin.
- Wear a pair of woolen socks and keep it on overnight.
- Finally, wash off completely in the morning.
Cracked Feet Treatment at Home
Rice Flour to get rid of Cracks in Heels
Exfoliating your feet is the best solution to cure cracked heels and also prevents the problem completely. So, prepare a natural exfoliating scrub using Rice flour, honey, and Apple Cider Vinegar and apply on the cracked areas.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of rice flour with a few teaspoons of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir well until it becomes a thick paste.
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 10 minutes and then gently scrub your feet with the rice flour paste.
- Repeat this process twice a week or until you are satisfied with the results.
NOTE: If the cracking on your heels is extremely bad, then you can also add a tablespoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil to the rice flour scrub.
Banana Foot Mask
Mash ripe bananas to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste to the areas where you notice cracks under your feet. Leave it on the affected areas for about 15 to 20 minutes or overnight. Wash it off in the morning. Do this on a regular basis to heal cracked feet easily.
The Neem leaves are one among the best Home Remedies for Cracked Heels. Neem works efficiently in treating cracked feet especially when they become itchy and infected. Because neem soothes the dry skin and fights against the infections.
- Crush a handful of neem leaves to make a fine paste.
- Add three teaspoons of turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Now apply the neem paste on the cracks and leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash your feet with warm water and pat dry with a clean cloth.
Home Remedies for Dry Feet & Cracked Heels
Since aloe vera is beneficial for overall health, it is also used to heal the cracked feet. It heals the ridges and cracks that have formed and increases the collagen synthesis. Aloe vera soothes the dry skin and dead skin cells because of the amino acids present in it. This remedy is also good for people with diabetes.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water for few minutes.
- Pat your feet dry with a soft cloth and apply the aloe vera gel on the cracked areas.
- Wear socks and leave it on overnight.
Alternatively, you can add Turmeric, Basil leaves paste, and camphor powder to the gel. Now apply this as mentioned above and wash it off with lukewarm water. As turmeric leave stains on your feet, be careful when using this remedy.
Milk & Honey Exfoliate for dry heels
When you lack in taking proper care of your feet, you may get cracked heel. Therefore, it’s essential to follow a daily regime of cleansing and moisturizing your heels and a weekly regimen of exfoliating them.
- Pour the honey and milk into a tub or basin and mix well.
- Soak your feet in it for about 15-20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of soaking, start massaging your heels that are still into the basin soaked in milk-honey mixture.
- Repeat this process for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, wash with lukewarm water.
DIY Ointment for Cracked Heals
Dry and cracked heels can be a painful condition, especially in winters. Foot creams are the best solution for this and are suitable to be used daily to keep the skin hydrated. Using creams for cracked heels also prevent the cracks. What is the best foot cream for cracked heels ? is the common question that arises in your mind. Now there is no need to rush to the market to buy the creams. Because you can make it on your own at home. So follow the steps given below and make DIY creams for cracked heels.
- Shea Butter- 1/4 cup.
- Coconut Oil- 1/4 cup.
- Beeswax- 3 tbsp.
- Magnesium Flakes- 1/4 cup or 1/4 cup of Magnesium oil (you can also use Epsom salt in place of magnesium flakes or oil).
- Boiling water- 2 tbsp.
How to do this DIY Foot Cream
- Place the Beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Heat a pan with a little water in it and place the bowl on this and heat them on medium heat.
- Remove the bowl and leave it to cool down a little.
- When the mixture gets a little liquidy solid, then blend the mixture slowly with a blender.
- While blending, pour the magnesium oil or magnesium flakes mixture slowly and keep on blending.
- Now place it in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the cream and store it in a container with a lid.
- Apply this cracked heel cream on the affected areas before going to bed and wear socks.
- Wash it off in the morning and repeat this process until your heels are cured.
Foot Care Tips
Dry and rough feet is a big problem for both women and men. Because people who work in the open air without having a regular habit of washing feet will often face dry feet problem. But if you follow these beauty tips for healthy feet along with Home remedies for Cracked heels, you can keep your feet healthy and look beautiful.
- Wear well-fitting and comfortable shoes. Because shoes that do not perfectly fit may give rise to many health issues.
- Avoid excess of exposure to hot water and very cold water.
- Soak and scrub your feet regularly for 10-15 minutes in warm and clean water. This will keep them clean, soft, and looking beautiful.
- Massage your foot frequently. It will help you transfer the blood flow rapidly to your feet and will smooth and tighten muscles.
- Trim your nails and keep them clean. Because these may lead to ingrown toenails that are uncomfortable and painful.
- Moisturize your feet with natural essential oils or foot cream for cracked heels as mentioned above to make your feet soft and free from heel cracks.
Follow these Home Remedies for Cracked heels to get soft feet naturally as they reflect your attitude to good health.