Have you ever groaned to yourselves that Oh, my lower back hurts! Don’t worry; you are not alone. Back Pain, a very common problem that occurs in many individuals due to a number of factors. Almost everyone suffers from the sore back at some point in his or her life. Nothing can ruin your day faster than back pain. Unfortunately, it’s not something you can simply ignore until it goes away. As backpain is a common problem, there are several treatments and medications available. But these Back pain treatments may cause more harm and side effects than benefits. It is always advisable to select natural and safe cures as compared to drugs and medicines. There are many natural ways to treat lower back pain. Just go through the following sections of this article to know How to relieve back pain naturally and some easy Home Remedies for Back Pain.
Home Remedies for Back Pain
Back pain may be painful or uncomfortable, but it is not generally serious. Even though back pain can affect people of any age, it is more common among adults aged between 35 to 55 years. Doctors say that back pain is associated with the way our bones, muscles, and ligaments in our backs work together. If you do not have a serious health issue that is causing the back pain, it could be due to poor posture, improper diet, lack of physical activity, sitting for long hours in front of the computer or lifting something heavy without proper precautions. Making healthier habits can help resolve the underlying problem and also strengthens your back. Here I have mentioned some Home remedies for back pain which works effectively.
Ice or Heat for Back Pain
As a pain reliever, ice works great. It also tentatively blocks the pain signals and helps reduce swelling. Ice and Heat are the best Home Remedies for Back Pain. After an injury, Ice is the best remedy for the first 24 to 48 hours because it reduces inflammation. After 48 hours, you can change to heat if you prefer. Remember that while using heat or ice, you should take it off after 20 minutes to give your skin a rest.
Pomegranate Juice benefits for Diabetics
Ice Pack Remedy for Back Pain Relief
- Settle a bowl of crushed ice in a plastic bag and wrap it in a clean towel.
- Now place the compressor on the affected area.
- Leave it on your back for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this process waiting half an hour for each application.
- In case, if the ice is not readily available, you can also use a bag of frozen peas or corn or a bag of frozen vegetables.
Approximately, after 48 hours just switch to moist heat to stimulate blood flow and get rid of backache quickly. However, it is advisable that you should not use very hot compresses since it scalds the skin.
- Dip a towel in warm water, wring it out, then flatten and fold it.
- Now Lie down on your stomach with pillows under your hips and ankles.
- Place the towel over the sore area.
- Leave it for upto 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process three or four times a day for several days.
Hot Water Bath
Hot baths may relax our muscles thereby reducing the stress and tension. It also increases the elasticity of muscles with its heating property. Simply, soak in a hot water tub for about 20 minutes. You can additionally add Epsom salt to the bath water. Do this repeatedly for better results.
Back Pain Remedies
Cure Severe Back Pain using Ginger
Ginger helps in reducing the Backache or any other pain caused by inflammatory diseases. Ginger has become one of the best Home Remedies for back pain. You can take ginger in any form, i.e., paste or powder or ginger tea. But remember that the total ginger consumption per day should be between 2g to 4g only.
How to apply
- Take a fresh ginger root and cut it into 4 to 6 thin slices and put them in one and one-half cups of water.
- Boil it for about 10-15 minutes on a low heat.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature and then strain it.
- Now, drink this ginger tea two or three times a day for a few days.
- You can also add honey to taste.
- Repeat this process to get relief from Back Pain.
Alternatively, you can rub the ginger oil firmly on the affected area of your back. You can also apply the ginger paste on the lower back followed by eucalyptus oil.
Garlic is the best medicine for Sore Back. It contains some strong anti-inflammatory properties which diminish the pain as well as swelling. Eat 2 to 3 cloves of garlic on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Take a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic juice, a juice of 1 lemon, and a 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir it well and drink the juice 2 times a day.
- It gives an effective back pain relief.
- Heat equal amounts of coconut oil, mustard oil or sesame oil on low heat.
- Add 8-10 cloves of garlic to it.
- Fry the garlic cloves in the oil until it is brown.
- Strain the oil and let it cool to room temperature.
- Now massage your back gently with this oil.
- Leave it for some time and finally take a bath in warm water.
- Make a paste using some fresh cloves of garlic.
- Apply it to your lower pack.
- Allow it to remain for about 30-45 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process several times a day until you see improvement.
Can Basil Leaves cure Lumbar pain?
Basil Leaves being one of the best Home Remedies for Back Pain since ages. Tulsi or basil may reduce the inflammation and relaxes tense back muscles to relieve soreness.
- Add some fresh basil leaves to a cup of water.
- Boil it until the water evaporates to half of its volume.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Now add a pinch of salt to it and drink.
- Drink this once or twice daily based on the severity of the pain.
Milk is a rich source of calcium that your body needs for strong bones and healthy muscles. Ensuring that your body gets an adequate amount of calcium can help alleviate and prevent backaches. Drink milk regularly. You can add some honey to sweeten it. You can also make a mixture of cuscus grass and sugar in equal amounts and consume it twice daily with a cup of warm milk.
Wheat, one of the best Home remedies for Back pain has compounds that produce an analgesic effect which helps in reducing the pain.
- Take a handful of wheat and Soak it in water overnight.
- In the morning, add some cuscus grass powder and coriander to it.
- Now add one cup of milk and boil it for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Finally, drink the mixture twice daily.
Natural Treatments for Lumbar Pain
How to Cure Back pain Naturally? is the question that rises to our mind if we really fed up with the medicines. There are many natural treatments for lower and upper back pain.
Home remedies for Hypertension
Massage to treat Low Back pain
Gently massaging a sore or tense muscle is one of the most effective ways to loosen it up and relieve pain. However, not every one of us can afford a personal masseuse when the back pain kicks in. So, just ask your partner or family members for a massage using some natural oils like eucalyptus oil, olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, etc. For added benefits, you may also use some medicated ointments to double your pain relief.
Stretches for Back pain
Don’t sit by leaning in the chair all day. Because these days most of the people spend a lot of time bending forward in their jobs, it’s important to stand up and stretch backward throughout the day. If you don’t practice proper ergonomics at work, then your back, neck, and shoulders may suffer. So, make a habit of getting up for every 20 minutes and just go for a walk or stand up and stretch backward. But don’t forget to stretch your legs also.
Improve your workstation
Adjust your office ergonomics by positioning your monitor at the eye level and at least 20 inches away from your face. Choose and sit in a comfortable chair with armrests and good lower back support. Keep your head and neck in a line with your torso and shoulders relaxed. After these adjustments, you may see some improvement of your sore back.
How you sleep also matters!
Sleeping on your back is best. Just Spend a few nights on the floor with a pillow underneath your feet. In case, if you are a side sleeper, then placing a pillow between your knees may help by allowing your muscles to relax more.
How to get rid of Back Pain
Here, I have given some useful Tips for Back Spasm relief. Know How to stop Back pain by following these simple tips and lifestyle changes.
- Consider walking at a brisk pace, swimming laps, or participating yoga or tai chi several times a week.
- Carry or Lift heavy objects in the right position.
- Avoid High heels.
- Quit smoking.
- Use the right mattress.
- Shed the extra pounds.
- Include foods that are rich in Vitamin C.
By following one of these Home Remedies for Back Pain, one can solve their problem to some extent.