We all can come up with throat pain at some point, especially during allergy seasons. It seems very difficult during eating and talking when we have a throat pain. Right? You can’t feel comfortable and have dry and itchy feelings when you have strep throats. But you have no need to visit a doctor. We have many natural sore throat remedies that help in soothing throat pain. Hence, to get rid of swollen glands pains, go through the complete article to know home remedies for a sore throat.
Simple remedies to stay away from cold
Home Remedies for a Sore Throat
A Sore throat occurs due to inflammation of pharynx which locates below the mouth of an esophagus. Persons who have a sore throat may encounter severe throat pain. The main causes of strep throat are bacteria, viral and fungal infections, acid reflux, and smoking. Also, when cold and cough beats you, the glands present in throat and neck will become swollen which leads to throat pain. In some cases like excessive shouting, allergies also cause sore throats. What to do if your throat hurts? Don’t worry; here we have given best home remedies for a sore throat and dry cough. Also, to avoid those problems, know what to drink when you have a sore throat, and natural ways to make your throat stop hurting.
Best home remedies for treatment of cold and cough in babies
Home remedies for Hangover Headache
1. Gargling warm salt water for Sore Throat
I know that you think it was an old remedy for a sore throat, but it actually works fast and shows quick relief from throat pain. Whenever the cells in mucous membranes become swollen, then you will get a sore throat. Salt has an excellent function that it kills bacteria and removes the water helps to shrink cells that are swollen. Thereby, the swelling of cells decreases and you will get quick throat pain relief. Also, salt water reduces the inflammation to cells and helps to relieve severe sore throat pain. Hence, gargle salt water for a sore throat pain relief. Use this home remedy for throat pain for about 3 to 4 times a day.
How to use?
- Add a half teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water.
- You can also add honey to this liquid if you didn’t like salt water.
- Gargle with this salt water solution for at least 3 times a day to get relief from a sore throat.
2. Lemon Juice for Sore Throat
Does lemon cures It is one of the home remedies for a sore throat that cures pain fastly. Lemon has astringent properties that help to remove the mucus from cells and kills microorganisms that cause inflammation to the cells. Hence, gargle with lemon water to let out from severe throat pain and earaches. But some have doubt that lemon causes cold which increases the throat pain. So, the question that arises in everyone’s thought is “Is lemon good for cold for a sore throat?” Yes absolutely, lemon doesn’t cause cold which in turn helps to get quick relief from sore throat pain.
Best at home remedies for tonsils
Process-1: Lemon and Warm Water
- Choose fresh lemon and extract the juice.
- Dilute this lemon juice with an equal amount of warm water.
- Gargle with this solution for 3 or 4 times a day to cure sore throats.
Process-2: Lemon and Honey for sore throat
Do lemon and honey help a sore throat? Honey contains antibacterial properties that can soothe sore throat pain which happens due to infection. Also, lemon and honey prevent a cough that contributes to a sore throat. Don’t give this home remedy for a sore throat to children and toddlers.
- Mix lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey to a glass of warm water.
- Sip this emulsion.
- You can also add a little amount of salt and pepper to this solution.
- Take this home remedy for a sore throat once a day.
3. Can Honey help a sore throat
Is honey good for sore throats? Of course, the yummy honey is also one of the home remedies for a sore throat. The antibacterial properties of honey fight with all microorganisms and bacteria that cause infections. Also, it acts as hypertonic osmotic. The hypertonic osmotic nature of honey draws out all water which causes swelling and inflammation of tissues or cells in a throat. Hence, take a spoonful of honey for sore throat.
How to soothe a sore throat with honey?
- To prepare honey recipes for sore throats, take 2 tbsp of raw honey.
- Add this raw honey to two cups of warm water.
- Drink it for a few times in a day.
- You can also prepare hot tea with lemon for sore throats.
- Especially, before you go to bed, consume a teaspoon of honey. This is the wonderful home remedy for a sore throat.
4. Chamomile Tea for throat pain
Among the list of best home remedies for a sore throat, Chamomile tea is one. The anti-spasmodic properties of chamomile help to kill bacteria and acts as a natural painkiller for sore throats. Also, this herb soothes severe throat pain and cough effectively and fast. Know the process of making hot chamomile tea for a sore throat.
- Take one chamomile tea bag or some chamomile leaves.
- Place these chamomile leaves or bag in hot water.
- Strain this mixture.
- You can also add honey to chamomile tea and sip it.
- A daily taking of chamomile tea and honey help to soothe your sore throat.
5. Cinnamon and Honey remedy for a sore throat
Do hot water with cinnamon and honey cures sore throat? Generally, spicy food may worse throat pain, but one ingredient called cinnamon helps to relieve throat pain. Cinnamon has several antioxidants The mixture of cinnamon and honey cures a sore throat which occurs due to cold. Hence, prepare a hot tea with cinnamon and honey to treat sore throat. Or else, swallow cinnamon to cure sore throats.
How to use cinnamon and honey for sore throat remedy?
- Take 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder and add 1 tbsp of honey to a glass of warm water.
- You can also add cardamom for better and quick results.
- Strain the solution and use for gargling.
- Gargle with this honey and cinnamon hot water for about 3 times a day.
- Also, hot milk with cinnamon powder is one of the best home remedies for a sore throat.
6. Marshmallows for sore throats
Do marshmallows soothe a sore throat? Marshmallow root has a component called Mucilage that soothes throat pains fast and effectively. The anti-bacterial properties of marshmallow kill all bacteria and germs that cause infections in the throat. Hence, drink marshmallow tea to help sore throats. Remember that this tea is not recommended for a pregnant woman and persons who have diabetes.
How to prepare marshmallow tea?
- Heat water containing with marshmallow roots for about half an hour.
- Pour this solution into a glass using a clean strainer.
- Add honey according to your taste.
- To get instant and best results, have 3 cups of this solution in a day.
7. Licorice Root to treat sore throat
Licorice root helps to soothe dry throat with phlegm. It contains antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation to cells. Also, prevents cells from swelling by reducing the mucus in the membranes. Either you can buy this licorice tea or prepare yourself using naturally available ingredients in combination with licorice roots.
How to use licorice root for sore throats?
- Mix 1 cup of chopped dry licorice roots, 1/2 cup of cinnamon, 2 tbsp’s of cloves, and 1/2 cup of chamomile flowers.
- Blend these ingredients in the form of powder.
- To save this powder for further use, store this in a jar and place jar away from light and heat.
- Now, add this powder in a 3 cups of water and heat for about 10 minutes with a low steam.
- Strain and drink licorice tea to eliminate pains in the throat.
8. Garlic for strep throat
I know it sounds hard to eat garlic. But it is the best remedy for strep throats. The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of garlic kill all germs and bacteria that causes strep throat. Also, its medicinal properties help to relieve from pains in the throat. The main component in garlic called allicin fight with the germs and avoided irritation to a throat.
How to take garlic for strep throats?
- Chew a piece of raw garlic in a day to avoid blisters in the throat.
- Else, add a garlic oil in water and use this solution for gargling.
- Or else, you can also take garlic pills if you didn’t like the taste of garlic.
9. Slippery Elm
Slippery elm consists a substance in the form of gel called mucilage. If this elm mixed with water, the component turns into a gel and soothes sore throats. In addition to this, it also aids to avoid irritation.
How to use slippery elm?
- Put in the inner bark of slippery elm to 2 cups of water in a bowl.
- Place this bowl on a stove and steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the solution and let us have a cup of it.
- If this bark is not available to you, take slippery elm pills which are available in the drug store or market.
- Besides this sore throat treatment, slippery elm is also the best solution for all respiratory illness.
10. Does apple cider vinegar cure strep throat
One of the best natural sore throat remedies is apple cider vinegar. The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar cure painful swollen and sore throat. Often it is the best medicine for strep throat in adults. Hence, gargling apple cider vinegar treats red throat sores fastly.
How to use apple cider vinegar for strep throat?
- Mix apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and honey each of 1 tbsp to warm water.
- Drink this fluid for 2 or 3 times in a day.
- You will get quick relief from a painful sore throat.
- Also, gargle apple cider vinegar to ease strep throat and also blisters in the throat.
- Mix salt and apple cider vinegar to warm water and use this solution for gargling.
These natural home remedies for a sore throat are completely safe and helps to recover from severe throat pain and swollen tonsils. Besides treating strep throat and blisters, also ease the symptoms of cold and cough. In fact, these remedies are better than OTC drugs. Hence, whenever you feel the strep throat, blisters pain, use these natural remedies and avoid those problems which make you do not sleep.