The ancient medicinal herb, which we have neglected for many years is now creating a big storm in treating various ailments. It is none other than the tasty and healthy chamomile tea. Chamomile tea is one of those naturally obtaining beverages which are healthy enough to treat various health problems. Know the Health Benefits of Chamomile tea and include this in your routine.
Chamomile tea is an answer for various ailments that you face in your day to day life. So, to keep your life simple, and to stay away from the big list of medicines strat drinking this highly beneficial chamomile tea.
Health benefits of chamomile tea
Everyone in today’s world is competing with time. We don’t have enough time to cook, play, relax, etc. Our sedentary life is gifting us many disorders. Even after a hectic day at our workplace or college we are striving hard to sleep. Include the women are suffering from PCOD problems due to lifestyle changes. So, to keep all these lifestyle disorders at Bay, there are few solutions.
Most of us feel difficulty in having green tea because of its taste. Because of this, we are consuming flavored green tea which is not healthy. So, as an alternative to green tea, you can sip a cup of Chamomile which is also equally beneficial. Know the health benefits of chamomile tea and have a cup of this every day to stay healthy and active.
Chamomile tea- The sleep expert:
After a busy day at the office, our body needs rest badly. But, the more stressing thing is even after a hectic day we can’t sleep. This problem may lead to a condition called Insomnia. So, to welcome your pleasant sleep, have a cup of hot chamomile tea before you go to bed. This herbal tea is a mild sedative and induces sleep within few minutes. Chamomile tea is rich in flavonoids which are responsible for exhibiting various health benefits.
2. Get an instant relief from Headache:
Chamomile flowers show potent therapeutic properties to treat the anxiety issues like nervousness, crabbiness and even sleep deprivation. This herb meets expectations by easing off your sensory system’s movement.
It is a great herb to treat headache pain due to its property of diminishing torment and irritation. You may get instant relief in case of a headache, but to get rid of a migraine, you should drink this chamomile tea for at least thrice a day.
3. Treats Cuts and Wounds:
The uses of Chamomile tea was not known in the recent times. The ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians used this to heal their wounds. Also, it is proven that the mice supported with chamomile tea heal faster than those who were not given.
So, use this chamomile tea to treat wounds and burns primarily. The anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial effects of the chamomile tea are responsible for a quick cure.
4. Fights Cancer:
Just like Green tea, chamomile tea is also rich in Anti-oxidants which helps in fighting the free radicles. These free radicles are responsible for the formation of tumors and cancers in our body. So, it is a potent anti-cancer agent which is one of the key health benefits of chamomile tea.
Chamomile tea helps in reducing the cancerous cells. But, it is not still proved that how it reverses the cancerous growth.
5. Promotes Healthy Skin:
Chamomile tea is known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which help in curing or healing the wounds. Also, it is helpful in the treatment of skin irritations such as eczema, acne, and allergies.
So, if you drink this chamomile or apply this many of your skin related problems will not appear again. Chamomile tea has mild bleaching properties which can reduce the intensity of blemishes thereby leaving your skin refreshing.
6. Treats Dark circles under eyes:
7. Dandruff and Itchy Scalp treatment:
Yes! You can use this chamomile tea to treat various hair problems. Especially, in winters it’s hard to manage our frizzy hair. It looks so dull, and also we face dandruff and itchy scalp problem. So, to treat all these problems at one stretch, apply the chamomile tea to your hair and massage well.
Leave for 30 minutes and take a shower. Use this remedy for 3-4 weeks to bid a bye to hair problems.
8. Diabetic friendly:
It is the best beverage for the diabetic people as it lowers the blood glucose levels naturally. So, start drinking this chamomile tea regularly to maintain a balance of blood glucose levels in your body.
9. Treats Constipation:
Constipation is a problem where the patients feel shy to discuss even with doctors. So, to treat your painful condition make a habit of drinking chamomile tea regularly. Chamomile tea is a potent ingredient which promotes digestion and also facilitates the healthy bowel movement in the stomach. Drink a cup or two of Chamomile tea after a meal to prevent acidity and irritation in the stomach.
How to make chamomile tea at home?
To prepare chamomile tea, you can use the instant tea bags at your workplace. But, when in the home, just prepare fresh chamomile tea in a natural way. Here is the method of preparation of the chamomile tea in the best way.
- Tak a teapot and add 2 cups of water to it.
- Boil the water until the water quantity reduces slightly.
- Then wash some chamomile flowers with water and add them to boiling water.
- Cover the pot and let it steep for 2 minutes and turn off the heat source.
- Strain the tea and remove the solids from it and add some lemon juice or honey to it to make it more palatable.
- Consume 2 cups of this preparation to stay healthy and fit.
Who should avoid chamomile tea?
In general, Chamomile does not possess any direct side effects or adverse effects. But, there are few factors which can alter the Health benefits of chamomile tea. So, it is better to avoid chamomile tea in the following conditions
Chamomile tea should be avoided by
- Pregnant women diet should be devoid of chamomile tea as the caffeine in it may lead to miscarriage. It may also hinder the growth of the baby and result in the birth of the underweight child.
- Also, the breastfeeding women should stop drinking as the caffeine can be transfer through the breast milk and increase the heart rate in the child.
- The people who have asthma should not prefer chamomile tea as it worsens the condition.
- People with allergies or sensitivities to flowers like daisies, ragweed, asters or chrysanthemums should be very cautious as this tea may end up in causing allergic reactions immediately.
- Don’t take this when you are taking any of the following drugs like Blood thinners, Anti-depressants, Birth control pills, Cholesterol lowering drugs. It is because the chamomile tea may show the additive effect or the opposite effect which may alter your health condition.
So, to get the best Health benefits of chamomile tea, avoid in the above situations and seek medical help if needed. Whenever you get some adverse reactions, don’t forget to seek medical help. But, if you are not on any medication, then you can sip this chamomile tea to get the Health benefits.