The cold weather will lead to accumulation of mucus in the middle ear. When it get’s contact with bacteria, your ear will get’s infected which can result in ear pain. Look through the complete article to know how to cure this ear pain with simple earache remedies at home.
Best Homemade Earache Remedies
The most discomfort pain that creates the distraction from doing normal things is an earache. Usually, it occurs due to infection, earwax, nasal blockages, and a common cold. Children are more prone to earaches than adults. But you can cure this ear pain with best homemade remedies that are easily available in our kitchen. However, these earache remedies work effectively than hospital treatment. The top 6 homemade earache remedies are:
- Inhale Steam.
- Garlic oil.
- Olive oil.
- Onion Juice.
- Basil Leaves juice.
- Neem Leaves juice.
Inhale steam for faster ear pain relief
Hot steam is the best treatment for an earache. When you inhale steam, it helps to drain the fluids in the nose. Thereby, the pressure in the inner ear will get reduced. If you add additional medications to this hot water, you will get quick ear pain relief.
Directions to use steam for adults:
- First, add some drops of eucalyptus essential oil or Vicks to boiling water. Now, take this water in a bowl which is easy to inhale the steam.
- Now, cover your head with a towel and doesn’t allow any gaps to avoid steam going out. Then, take a deep breath by inhaling the steam continuously for five times. This home remedy will open the eustachian tubes and hence cause draining of fluids in ears. Repeat this eye pain treatment until your get relief from an earache.
[Read more: How steam helps to get instant relief from Asthma]
Directions to use steam for treating earache in babies
Don’t use the above procedure for babies because the child may get burned. Hence, use only Vicks which is specially meant for children. Apply this Vicks on the baby’s chest or back and pour warm water over the body. The steam from the hot water and Vicks combines and it will drain the fluids in nose and ear. Hence, it is considered as the best natural eye pain medicine.
Garlic Oil for an earache
Garlic is an excellent home remedy for the treatment of ear infection. The aromatic compounds of garlic make it act like an antiseptic. We know that an earache will happen due to infection or inflammation in the ear. Garlic cures this infection and helps to stop ear pain. This home ingredient can be used in many ways for treating ear infections.
Garlic and Sesame Oil
- Take one or two garlic cloves and mash them.
- Add one tbsp of this mashed garlic and two tbsps of sesame oil in a pan. Heat this mixture for 10 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Filter the mixture to extract the oil. Use this oil as ear drops.
- You can also pour 2 to 3 drops of garlic juice in your aching ear.
- Repeat this home remedy until you relieve from ear pain.
Garlic and Olive Oil
- Take some garlic cloves and olive oil in a pan.
- Heat this pan on a low flame for some time.
- Then, extract the juice from this toasted garlic and add a little amount of eucalyptus essential oil.
- Store this solution in a tinted bottle and place this container in a dark place.
- Whenever, you feel an earache, pour two drops of this solution in your aching ear with the help of Eyedropper.
[Also Read: Home remedies to get rid of fever]
Olive Oil – An ear pain home remedy
Olive oil is one of the natural earache remedies at home. This oil helps to stop pain by eliminating the earwax. Also, it completely cures the ear infections, and any other inflammations occurred inside the ear.
How to relieve ear pain with olive oil?
- First, heat the olive oil slightly.
- Dip an ear dropper in this olive oil and pour 2 or 3 drops in your painful ear.
- You can also use this home remedy for earaches in babies.
- But don’t put a cotton swab in your ears or for baby ears.
[Also read: Habits of healthy people]
Onion Juice for earache treatment
How to get rid of earaches? The mostly used onions are the best remedies for ear infection pain relief. It can fight with any bacteria since it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
How to cure earaches with onion juice?
- Grate some fresh onions and extract the juice from it.
- Heat this juice on a low flame.
- Then, use them as the eardrops. Pour 2 or 3 drops of onion juice in your infected ears.
- Besides, you can also mash some onions and place them in a cloth.
- Insert this cloth over your affected ear for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this natural remedy for several times in a day until you get relief from earaches.
[Also read: Onion juice benefits to get thick eyebrows]
Basil leaves juice to treat earaches
Basil is the best ear pain remedy for adults. The anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antibacterial properties of basil cure earaches effectively.
How to help ear pain with basil leaves?
- Take some handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Extract the juice from these leaves.
- Put 3 or 4 drops of this solution in the ear in which you have pain.
- Use this medicine for ear pain one or two times in a day.
[Also read: Home remedies for skin rashes]
Neem Leaves Juice – An herbal medicine for ear pain
Neem is one of the herbal remedies for earaches. The another name of neem is Indian lilac. Neem has the property to kill bacteria which cause inflammation in the ear. It removes the earwax and hence helps you to relieve pain quickly.
How to stop earaches?
- Take some neem leaves and clean them thoroughly.
- Now squeeze the juice from these leaves.
- Put two or three drops of this juice in your painful ear.
- Use this home remedy for several days until you get relief from pain.
All these are the home remedies for ear infection. Since these are readily available at kitchen and cost effective, you can get rid of ear pain without any need of a doctor. But if not treated with these remedies, take doctor’s treatment.