Immediately after coming out from the womb of the mother, the neonates face many challenges. They experience an entirely different environment in the mother’s womb and the external environment is quite opposite to it. So, they have to adapt themselves to this climate. Starting from that point, the clothes they wear, the creams and powders, the diapers, the food and anything may cause some mild rashes. There are many reasons for the diaper rashes including bacterial, yeast infections. So, know the best Diaper Rash Treatment at home that can soothe your child.
Nowadays the new mothers are using diapers for their children all the time. But, these diapers, due to the dampness may cause rashes in children. So, to treat the diaper rash in children instead of spending on the expensive chemical products, you can use the simple home remedies which are used by our grandmothers in the past. They are not just cheaper but are very effective in the treatment of the diaper rashes. Hence, follow some at home diaper rash treatment measures to heal the diaper rash faster.
Must read: Top 10 symptoms of Pregnancy
Infant Diaper rash treatment at home
The very first time you notice the slight rash caused by the diaper, you need not run to the doctor. In the initial stages if you take little more care then you can make your baby free from the yeast diaper rashes and the discomfort caused by the outbreaks. So, Without going to a pediatrician what you can do? You can soothe your baby by the Home Remedies for Diaper rash. You can give your baby a better Diaper rash treatment at home if you follow these simple tips. So, Have a glance at them and let your child play with a happy, rash-free bum.
In General, we use this for nourishing our skin as it is one of the best emollients available from nature. Besides being an emollient, it is anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory which can prevent the rashes. It also has yeast-killing properties which can cure the nappy rash without causing any harm to the baby’s soft skin. So, whether your child has diaper rash or not, you can apply this before wearing the nappy. Also, know the other best uses of shea butter
How to Use:
- Wash your baby’s body gently wth a mild soap at the time of bath and allow their skin to dry.
- After that, take a pea sized amount of shea butter and gently rub it in your hands and then apply on the affected area. In general, rub this near the bum area and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Then, put on a new diaper which is comfortable.
Whenever we love to add more crisp to our foods, then we add this amazing ingredient. But, the same corn starch has many other properties of which the diaper rash home treatment is most popular among them. The Cornstarch is hygroscopic (absorbs moisture) in nature. So, it works great as an adult diaper rash treatment at home. It absorbs the moisture from the bum area and reduces the friction which makes it prevent the rashes. It is one of the best home remedies for diaper rash you can use regularly.
- Remove the wet diaper and wash the bottom region thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry the skin with a clean towel and allow the skin as such for five more minutes.
- Slightly sprinkle the cornstarch using a baby puff directly on the area of rash or bum area before wearing a diaper.
- It is better to use this Home remedy for diaper rash every time you change the nappy of your baby.
3. Coconut Oil
Not just for yeast diaper rash, but for any rashes in both children and adults, coconut oil will be effective to treat them. It is because of the reason that the coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties which can treat a wide range of rashes. It also prevents in spreading of the rash and also heals itching sensation near the area of the rashes and heal the diaper rash faster without showing any ill effects on the baby’s soft skin.
Must Read: Healthy foods to eat during pregnancy
Sometimes, the rashes may arise due to dryness too. When the baby’s skin comes in contact with some harsh chemicals or soaps, then it results in drying which causes rashes. So, in such cases, Coconut oil works great as a moisturizer. Gently apply some coconut oil on the diaper area several times a day. You can also use this coconut oil for many other body treatments.
4. Baking Soda
We Know that this simple kitchen ingredient is useful in treating various health problems. We are aware that baking soda is used in teeth whitening, Baking soda for blackheads. But, most of us are not aware that we can use it for Diaper Rash Treatment at home. So, check out ow to use Baking soda for nappy rash?
Directions to use:
- Take 2-3 tablespoons full of baking soda in a bowl and add about 4 cups of water to it.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes and wash your baby’s bum and surrounding area with that mixture.
- Then dry the washed area with a clean towel or wipes. Ensure that the baby’s skin is completely free from any moisture.
- Put up the diaper after washing and drying. If you like, you can use this mixture even at the time of bathing.
5. Petroleum Jelly
Many pediatricians recommend applying a thin layer of protective coating on the baby’s soft skin every time you change a diaper. Petroleum jelly is perfect for this purpose. It will help protect the diaper area from the irritating effects of urine and feces. It is one of the most loved diaper rash treatment home remedies. Many young mothers are very much satisfied with the outcome of this home remedy for baby diaper rash.
- After removing a soiled diaper, clean your baby’s bottom with warm water.
- Dry it well with a cotton towel, and then apply petroleum jelly.
- Do this every time your baby needs a diaper changed, and the diaper rash will heal quickly.
Also read: How to increase breast milk production
How to treat diaper rash at home?
When it comes to using any creams and lotions for the treatment, it is tough in the case of the infants. It is because of the reason they are too sensitive and are not adapted to the external environment. So, we can’t take a chance with their health. The chemicals in the cosmetics may cause harm to their delicate skin. Hence, it is always better to use the homemade, chemical free products for them. So, know how to prepare a best diaper rash cream at home.
Ingredients of best Diaper rash cream are
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon beeswax
- Four tablespoons zinc oxide powder
- Two tablespoon bentonite clay
- Any essential oil for best fragrance (I prefer Lavander or chamomile)
Preparation of the natural diaper rash cream
The preparation of the baby diaper rash ointment or cream involves a simple process. Homemade diaper rash cream can soothe your little one’s bum without any complications. So, prepare the best cream for diaper rash and let your child have a pleasant day.
- Take the exact quantities of the Shea Butter, beeswax, and virgin coconut oil and add them to a glass bowl. Set up a double boiling method and melt these three ingredients. Make sure that the vessels ou use in this preparation are free from any kind of impurities as they may increase the problem.
- Once these three ingredients reach their melting points, then add Zinc oxide and bentonite clay and stir it continuously to make sure that all the ingredients mix well.
- Turn off the heating source and add essential oil of your choice which is not more than 4-5 drops.
- Pour this solution into your desired container before it solidifies.
- Let it cool down to the room temperature and use whenever necessary. Better apply it every time you clean your baby’s bum. It is one of the best ways to treat diaper rash.
This is the preparation method of the Natural diaper rash ointment. Whenever your mind hits with a question how to handle a severe diaper rash you can use any of the above simple techniques. These remedies help in healing diaper rash fast and also work great on adult Diaper Rash Treatment at home. So, be it infants or adults, there are some better tips for Diaper Rash Treatment at home. Follow them regularly, and even if the rashes persists for a long time even after using these remedies then consult your physician.