Many cultures in the world accept drinking alcohol. It is a must drink for celebrations and parties. So, most of the people have a habit of drinking. But all those who drink do not get addicted to alcohol. Moreover, the people under alcohol addiction think alcohol is a way for happiness. This is a positive version from the alcoholics.
On the other hand, the negative version of alcohol abuse is this. Addiction to alcohol doesn’t kill the addict. It kills the family, kids and people who try to help. So, let us know beforehand the symptoms of drinking alcohol, how to detox from alcohol, etc. Also, we will help you reduce the effects of alcohol.
What is meant by Alcohol Addiction?
Yourself consuming alcohol is a habit. Alcohol itself consuming you is the addiction. This is the simple definition of addiction to alcohol. Almost every person in the world drinks alcohol at one point or the other. But making it a lifetime continuous habit is dangerous.
Physical Signs of Drinking Alcohol
You can test your family member if he/she consumes alcohol or not with some physical signs.
- Improper speech.
- Loss of balance.
- Stomach aches, vomiting, and nausea.
- Face turns red during or after the alcohol consumption.
- Lacking consciousness.
A gradual increase in the consumption of alcoholic beverages starts producing serious medical issues. These side effects may become the sober life taking issues. So, it is important to get detox from alcohol. But for whom the alcohol detox treatment should be given? The people who are under a complete alcohol dependence should try to quit drinking alcohol.
Signs and Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
Before going for the detox treatment, how will you confirm that your family member is under alcohol addiction? There are some signs of alcohol dependence. They are the following.
- Improper attention in the responsibilities.
- Requires very hard try to prevent him/her from drinking alcohol again.
- An increase in the intensity of side effects of complications.
- Increases the amount of alcohol as he/she has got the tolerance to the consequences of alcohol.
- A Lot of physical changes in the body takes place.
- Trying to quit from work.
- Easy loss of temper.
Health issues of Alcohol Abuse
Not only the physical symptoms, but there are also some health problems with alcohol. They are the following.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
- Heart Diseases.
- Dysfunction of the immune system.
- Liver diseases.
- Vitamin deficiencies.
- Brain Damage.
- Sexual problems.
- High blood pressure.
These are the symptoms of overdrinking alcohol. After knowing the side effects of drinking alcohol on your life and health, you may try to reduce the consumption of alcohol. It is great!
But the real facts about alcohol abuse is that there will be side effects even if you stop alcohol abuse suddenly. Scroll down to see the list of the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
Read more: Home remedies for hangover
Alcohol Detox Symptoms
When a person is under a long-term alcohol addiction, he/she is at a greater health risk. The addict faces many medical consequences when he/she stop drinking suddenly.
They should avoid alcohol only under the medical guidance and supervision.If not the following symptoms of a sudden alcohol abuse detox occurs.
- Over anxiety or agitation.
- Vomiting or Nausea.
- Convulsions or shaking of the body, hands, etc.
- Over sweating even in cold weather.
- Persistent insomnia.
So, to be free from the above effects of alcohol on health and life, treatment for alcohol addiction helps you. There are different types of alcohol abuse treatments both natural and medical. We will see one by one.
Treatment for Alcohol Abuse
Good news is that, whatever the severity of a disease, you can reduce the seriousness with some treatment. Similarly, your habit of overdrinking also have some alcohol abuse programs which give you the best results.
The only thing you need to do is have a strong determination and have confidence in yourself and the treatment. Like many other treatments, there are different types of alcohol recovery programs.
- Behavioral modifications.
Some treatment programs start with the rehab process. This help to break the physical addiction to alcohol. The process of alcohol abuse detoxification is performed in an alcohol treatment centers or hospital. The detox program takes a week to complete. Medications for the side effects of alcohol abuse withdrawal are also given.
The doctor advice you to go for a one-one counseling or a group counseling. This program is a very helpful one from all the other alcohol treatment options. You will connect with the other people who are experiencing the similar problems with alcohol. They will help with alcohol dependence and encourages you.
Along with the professional treatment, a healthy diet, and some home remedies help you in fighting the alcohol dependence.
Best Home Cure for Alcoholism
When you cannot afford the medical treatment for overdrinking, home remedies are there by your side. Below is the list of the over drinking alcohol remedies.
A Healthy Diet
Whatever disease you have, the healthy diet plays a crucial role to reduce the effects. Similarly, a good diet helps you reduce the intensity of the alcohol effects.
Most of the alcoholics have nutritional deficiencies because it reduces appetite. But the human body require various nutrients to fight with the side effects of excessive alcohol consumption. So, eat the following foods.
- Foods rich in vitamin C, Vitamin B12 to improve the functioning of liver, brain.
- The sources of amino acids to stabilize the mood and reduce the interest in drinking.
- Prevent the intake of sugars, caffeine, nicotine and carbohydrates.
- Whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits, vegetables
It is a known fact that there are a lot of health benefits of yoga. Moreover, yoga also helps you with the alcohol addiction. Do the proper yoga with the guidance of a yoga trainer. Some of the yoga poses for alcohol detox are,
- Jathara Parivartanasana.
- Viparita Karani.
- Baddha Konasana.
- Balasana and Vajrasana.
- Take out the juice from the leaves of bitter gourd.
- Add three spoons of the juice to one glass of buttermilk.
- Drink the solution once in a day on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this for two months and eliminate the toxins from your body.
You can also drink the juice of dates, celery.
Residential Alcohol Treatment
Along with the natural and medical alcohol treatments, you need to follow some tips to reduce the psychological dependence on alcohol. They are:
- Sleep for six to eight hours daily.
- Speak with your friends and family that you are quitting drinking.
- Take more water to keep your body hydrated.
- Keep yourself busy in some work to avoid distractions towards alcohol.
- Spend time with your family and friends who gives you support and encouragement.
- Avoid social meetings where people drink.
So, finally succeed in overcoming the alcohol addiction with the best people around. Enjoy a healthy life with your family.
“Every Form of Addiction is Bad, No Matter What the Narcotic be Alcohol or Morphine or idealism.” So, stay away from addictions.