When we look through our naked eye, we think that how smooth the skin on our face is but it consists of some millions of follicles, each containing a tiny and almost invisible hair. Water from sweat glands climbs out of them too thus making the skin’s natural oil. Hormones have a significant role in the growth of Adult acne but the specific mechanism behind their influence is unknown. Acne is a common condition that causes pimples and many other skin problems. As it causes many skin problems, taking an appropriate treatment can help to cure them even permanently. Pimples don’t just affect teenagers. Men’s adult acne is a common problem among most of the people affecting their self-confidence. Hence, go through the following sections to know the best Acne Treatment for men.
Acne damages the skin permanently. But don’t worry, you are not the only one dealing with this skin problem. Acne affects both men and women equally during their teenage, but guys tend to have longer lasting acne than girls. And unfortunately, men are more likely to have more severe acne too. Adult men will be searching for the best pimple treatment solutions on the market when they reach their late 20s and 30s. But the good news is that the acne can be treated successfully, even in adults. It can be a difficult task to know which product to choose for Pimples solution with so many options out there in the market. I will help you in choosing one of the best acne treatments for men as per your skin type. By following these Best Acne Treatments for Adult Men, you can get a clear and smooth skin.
What Causes Acne?
Our skin has tiny holes called pores, which can be blocked by oil, dirt, bacteria, and dead skin cells. Each pore is the opening to a follicle which is made up of hair and sebaceous/ oil glands. These glands release sebum which travels up the hair, out of the pore, and onto your skin. When this condition occurs, you may develop a pimple or zit. If your skin is repeatedly affected by this condition, you may have acne breakouts. Generally, Acne occurs on the face, back, and chest due to the growth of sebaceous glands in these areas of our skin. However this is not a life-threatening condition, pimples can be painful, particularly when it is severe and causing emotional distress.
The Main causes of Adult Acne are
- Dead skin cells.
- Oil production.
- Clogged pores.
Types of Acne
A zit or a pimple appears when bacteria grows in a clogged pore, and the oil is unable to escape. But most of us don’t know the types of Acne. So, Let’s have a look at these Acne Types.
- Whiteheads: Our skin needs a certain amount of natural oils for protecting and nourishing the skin. But when there is an excess amount of Sebum (oil) and dead skin cells, you may have clogged pores. When the follicles get plugged with these, you may get white heads. These are nothing but small blemishes with whitish heads.
- Blackheads: These occur when the debris inside the follicle becomes oxidized. You can observe some black dots on your face. Those are called Blackheads. The only difference between them is blackheads are open and hence the appearance whereas whiteheads were closed.
- Pimples: When a clogged pore was infected by bacteria, it causes a red, raised bump called Pimples.
- Cysts: When these clogged up pores break under the skin, it causes bigger bumps called Cysts which can cause a scar.
Signs & Symptoms of Acne
Hormonal changes, genetics, lifestyle habits, and some external factors can contribute to adult acne in men. Most of the men find the acne they had during their teen years never really goes away and continues right into their adulthood. But very few people find them during the adulthood only. Acne commonly appears on the face, back, and shoulders. Also, It may occur on the trunk, arms, legs, and even buttocks. One of the main symptoms of the acne is the overproduction of oil. This oil contributes a lot of acne related issues. However, the signs and symptoms may vary depending on the severity of the condition. You may observe some skin changes such as
- Crusting of skin bumps.
- Papules or small red bumps.
- Scarring of the skin.
- Redness around the skin eruptions.
Best Acne Treatment for Men
The First step in treating Acne is to know completely about that. It’s not uncommon for pimples to pop up during your 20s and even during your 30s. Remember, acne treatments can take some time to work. Don’t get discouraged and definitely don’t give up yourselves too soon. In General, Acne treatment for men can take up to three or four months before you really notice a difference in your skin. Stick with a best pimples treatment at least that long. During the initial weeks of treatment, you may expect to get some new pimples, or even a flare up. This doesn’t mean that your treatment was not working. So, you must be very patient and give it some time. Hence, try one of these Self-care treatments or some medications or skin care tips to tackle adult acne fast.
Home Remedies for Pimple Treatment
Guys having mild acne or pimples that appear only occasionally can manage their condition with some lifestyle adjustments. You need to follow the Self-care steps at your home for pimple treatment.
- Remove all dirt or make-up on your face. Since Oil is a major cause of acne, wash the face once or twice a day, including after exercising.
- Shampooing the hair is the best Acne treatment for men. In case if it is oily, wash your hair daily.
- Comb or pull the hair back to keep the hair out of your face which is the best treatment for pimples solution.
- If your hair tends to be oily at the end of the day, change the pillowcase daily or weekly. Oils from your hair and face rub off onto the bed and may cause new breakouts.
- Refrain from Hot Showers: Avoid Hot showers since they can dry out skin and irritate existing body pimples in men. By opting cold or lukewarm water for showers, you may help your skin retain moisture and maintain its healthy-looking appearance.
- Coconut Oil: Acne Treatment for Men using this home remedy works effectively. Because it consists of high quantities of lauric acid and capric acid which are antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antimicrobial. Lauric acid is especially effective against the bacteria linked to acne. The Coconut oil also absorbs easily into the skin and reduces the oil production.
Besides these natural remedies for pimples solution, Avoid wearing Caps or hats or tight headbands. Also, don’t touch your face with hands or fingers.
How to Get rid of Pimples in Men
If you don’t have any time to follow these home remedies then you may try a number of acne medications which is also one among the Best Acne Treatment for Men. The over-the-counter (OTC) acne products were present in gels, Anti Acne creams, cleansing lotions, leave-on products, foams and towelettes, and treatments or kits. Here is the list of common active ingredients found in these products and know how they work.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: Benzyl Peroxide was used for drying out existing pimples and preventing new ones. Benzoyl peroxide also kills acne-causing bacteria and helps in removing excess oil from the skin. It also removes dead skin cells, which block the pores and is present in most of the pimple removal creams and gels.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid helps in preventing pores from getting plugged. It is often contained in soaps and acne cleansers. Mild stinging and skin irritation are the possible side effects that were caused.
- Sulfur: Sulfur removes both dead skin cells and excess oil from the skin. As it is a natural ingredient with a distinctive smell, it was found in some lotions, cleansers, and masks.
- Resorcinol: Resorcinol is one among the Best Acne Treatment for Men and a less common ingredient that was used to remove dead skin cells.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids: These helps in treating the Adult acne by removing the dead skin cells and thereby reducing inflammation. Alpha hydroxy acids also stimulate the growth of new, smoother skin.
If your condition becomes worse, you may seek some medical advice from dermatologists. Based on the severity of zit, your doctor may suggest you some pimple creams, anti acne cream, acne removal creams, Oral or topical antibiotics or Photodynamic therapy. This therapy uses a medication and a special light or laser to reduce oil production and bacteria.
How to Prevent Acne in Men
Wash your face twice daily
Although acne is not caused by not cleansing your face, there is no doubt that regular cleansing is a major step in your routine for acne treatment. But a question may rise to your mind that How many times should I wash my face? For better results, cleanse your face twice daily, i.e., every morning and night before going to bed. In case, If you feel sweaty or dirty, and after the gym class, a third cleansing might be needed. What you use to cleanse your face also matters here. The skin on our face is delicate, so you don’t ever want to use harsh cleansers or soaps. So choose a mild soap-free cleanser or a face wash that containing salicylic acid which can make your skin feeling clean but not dry or stripped.
Home remedies for glowing skin
Don’t scrub your face with hands since it would not clear your skin any faster instead it irritates your skin and aggravates breakouts. Also, washing too often makes your acne worse.
Moisturizers are used to improve the skin’s hydration. These aren’t made just for women because there are plenty of moisturizers available in the market that are made for man’s skin. Choose water based moisturizers and apply around the zits. Make sure you don’t touch them in the process. These moisturizers act as the best Acne treatment for men since it forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface and gives the skin a soft, smooth feel.
Always be careful while shaving because if you are not careful on shaving around pimples, it’s easy to be left with raw, red, burning skin. Acne can make shaving difficult and even more painful. Shaving the tops off of pimples won’t allow to remove them faster. Doing that helps you to open your skin up to infection and possible scarring. Also, try to shave very carefully over acne blemishes. If your acne on the face looks and feels worse even after shaving with your multi-blade razor, then try to switch to a nice quality single blade razor or an electric razor or trimmer instead to keep yourself well-groomed.
As we know that men sweat more than twice as much as women, this can increase the risk caused by a facemask. Sweat combined with some physical irritation can make this Adult acne worse. We think that women wear facemasks frequently while playing sports or riding bikes as well, but men on average wore more facemasks than women. Anything like facemasks that rubs, scratches, or comes into prolonged contact with the skin can make acne worse. If you wear a facemask, then you will notice that the acne is most likely more severe in the area where your facemask meets the skin.
Tight-fitting clothes can trap sweat and bacteria which clogs your pores thereby causing body pimples. Wearing looser clothes and sweat-wicking materials are also one among the Best Acne treatment for Men which may help you feel cooler and reduces the risk of body pimple development.